Author Topic: One arrow shoots consistently high  (Read 4630 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: One arrow shoots consistently high
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2018, 10:15:27 am »
Artsy fartsy is back! I think about you often my old friend. 
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline aaron

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2018, 01:15:16 pm »
so, you checked the spine all around and found little difference. So it's not a spine issue. Have you refletched?
Ilwaco, Washington, USA
"Good wood makes great bows, but bad wood makes great bowyers"

Offline DC

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2018, 02:04:39 pm »
I haven't refletched. When I get this far into an arrow problem I would rather throw it out than refletch. I've got more sticks than I have feathers and I would hate to refletch and find I still have a problem. I don't learn anything with that attitude but sometimes you have to put a limit on things. I may change my attitude with this one but I'll have to think about it.
One other thing I'm not sure off is the offset of the fletch. I have left wing feathers on it and they are offset. Looking from the nock end the front of the fletch is to the left. Is that right or have I got the offset backward?

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2018, 02:06:52 pm »
Have you shot it without feathers? Its the only way you will know what its doing.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline artcher1

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2018, 02:33:35 pm »
Hi Chris, good to see you're still around!

Well DC, if all the others are bamboo and you're shooting one hemlock, then perhaps the boos group differently than the hemlock. Nothing more than that perhaps. I certainly won't trash it. May shoot perfect out of another bow. Is your hemlock shaft well seasoned?

Offline DC

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2018, 02:51:39 pm »
Yes it's well seasoned. A couple of years as 1/2"x 1/2".
Good point PD. On the way to the garbage can I may as well bare shaft it and see.

I've actually shot it from a couple or three bows and it shoots high on all of them.