Author Topic: " Point Covers "  (Read 9868 times)

Offline burchett.donald

" Point Covers "
« on: September 17, 2018, 04:32:03 am »
      Made some arrow covers to protect my Otter quiver and to keep my points sharp...No need for rattling during a hunt either...Cut and sewed on one side with sinew...I know there are other way's of protecting points but I thought this would be sufficient and work best for me...They hold snug but wipe off easily and are simple to make...I  hunt natural vegetation blinds and lay a few arrows around me for a second shot once I'm tucked in...
                                                                                                                     Don

Sorry about the flash, I'm still indoors here in SC...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 04:38:12 am by burchett.donald »
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline burchett.donald

Re: " Point Covers "
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 04:32:53 am »
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 04:33:52 am »

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 04:34:31 am »

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 05:16:08 am »
Nice work Don. I sometimes do the same thing with muskrat hides. Put the fur side in and it protects my stone points nicely.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 10:56:56 am »
Just that easy, Don. Art Butner gave me a few hunting arrows with covers on them. He did it just like you, but he made an integral strap that came around from the back with a small snap on it. That way they couldn't slide off in the bottom of the quiver accidently. Pretty cool I thought. If you want to see a pic of them just PM me your cell and I will send one tonite when I get home.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 11:50:47 am »
Neat idea!  PD, your covers sound neat as well, perhaps post a pic for all to see if Don doesn't mind!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 01:22:51 pm »
Very nice.  I made some similar covers when I was hunting with stone points except I wasn't smart enough to fold them over like you did.  I sewed them up on both sides.  I used a quiver that held the arrows on the outside. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2018, 02:10:45 pm »
  Thanks guy's...

Chris feel free to post them on this thread if you like, I still use a small flip phone and pics are hard to see...My email is burchett.donald777@gmail.com     PM sent

The covers fit snug, you have to pull or rub them off...This is my first time using them and if they give me some problems this season I will probably modify them...

Clint, would like to see yours also if you still have them...

You guy's please feel free to post on this thread...
                                                                              Don

« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 02:28:08 pm by burchett.donald »

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2018, 08:30:44 pm »
Here you go Don.  I like your fold over design better.

I used them on this quiver.  I was thinking about bringing it out of retirement and using it again this season.  I like being able to grab an arrow without making the motion of pulling it up and out of a tube style quiver.  I'm going to mount the arrow holders on with small screws instead of the string.

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2018, 08:56:39 pm »
  That's some ingenuity right there Clint...Look like pieces of split rubber hose? You probably would be better off screwing them down...I see you sewed both sides and I was about to until I folded my paper stencil over and realized I could sew it once...Thanks for the pics
                                                                                                                                                                                           Don

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2018, 09:23:45 pm »
Its split rubber fuel line.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2018, 06:44:06 am »
This is an example of what I was talking about with the snap flaps. Pretty cool really.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2018, 07:12:31 am »
  Thanks for the pics Chris...Those look very secured...I may have to modify in the future, thanks for the ideas...
                                                                                                                                                                   Don

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2018, 07:20:56 am »
Not exactly a quick removal for a follow up shot, but you can bet your point will be in good shape at all times.