Author Topic: Horrible last 48 hours...why did I ever stop drinking?  (Read 2581 times)

Offline Mesophilic

Re: Horrible last 48 hours...why did I ever stop drinking?
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2018, 11:14:35 am »
Thanks for the support and kind words.  We're pulling through and will be stronger as a family in the end.  I apprecite the wisdom and insight of our community here, and the positive outlooks.

You have had a tough go for sure. BUT it is always worse for others. Spend a morning in a cancer infusion unit and you will see you have no troubles compared  to many others. My headaches don't ache anymore.

I hear ya, wife had breast cancer about three years ago.  It was an aweful experience and gave me much empathy for what people are going through.  I'll never forget the look on her face when she came out of surgery, the shock and pain was difficult to bear.   Chemo was a whole new category of eye opening.

Did you get your dog sobered up?

The dog is much better.  Friday morning he was so drunk he couldn't even lift his head.  By the afternoon he was up and at it, though a bit fatigued.  By yesterday he was about 95% back to normal.  Today he's 100%. 
Trying is the first step to failure
-Homer Simpson-