Author Topic: Left or right wing.  (Read 2948 times)

Offline Mafort

Left or right wing.
« on: September 23, 2018, 05:46:58 am »
So I’m building a set of arrows for a friend. I want to make these as accurate as possible and I was wondering about the whole dilemma between left vs right wing. He shoots right handed like myself. Do I go with right winged feathers? Would it hurt to try left winged feathers? Also how should they be cut? He’s wanting accuracy but our bows are vastly different. He shoots a little 50lb fiberglass Turkish style bow he bought off Amazon. I shoot an yew wood English longbow. What kind of advice have you guys got for me?

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
Re: Left or right wing.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 06:34:46 am »
Arrrggghhh not this again...
It doesn't matter in the slightest, as long as they are the same on any one arrow.
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 06:39:36 am »
Ditto above.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 07:39:06 am »
I agree also.
Example, Art Butner made a set of 6 hill cane arrows for me. I fletched 3 left wing and 3 right wing. I saw no difference in their flight.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 08:09:55 am »
Relax, there is no dilemna. It does not matter so long as given arrow has same (left or right) fletchings. Hope arrows for your friend turn out great!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Mafort

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 08:25:37 pm »
Thanks guys. I don’t get on here much cause of my new job so I appreciate the patience lol.