Author Topic: 2018 View from the stand  (Read 16661 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: 2018 View from the stand
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2018, 03:53:51 pm »
Looks like you put em out to pasture Clint.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Online ksnow

« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2018, 06:24:17 am »
Here's the view from my stand Sunday evening. There's a trail in front and behind me. Did not see one last night, though I have seen plenty in the area. The rut hasn't quite kicked in yet here, that should ramp up the activity.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2018, 06:34:50 pm »
Beautiful sunrise.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2018, 03:22:36 pm »
I only had 2 hours before dark last night so I headed to my favorite stand.  All I have left are doe tags.  I ended up seeing 6 young bucks.  I watched 3 of them work the scrape in front of my trail camera.  The largest of the bucks walked by at 15 yards.  He was a nice 8 point.  I did see a doe but she never came into range.  2 fat toms walked by.  Even though I never pulled the string back it was an awesome evening in the woods.

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2018, 03:27:28 pm »
Seeing critters helps keep the boredom quelled. Looks like a nice evening in the stand.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2018, 03:30:41 pm »
It was an exciting 2 hours Pat.  It's funny when all I am wanting is a doe but the only thing coming close are bucks.  It's usually the opposite.  I love this time of the season.  Next year I need so save some vacation time for the rut. 

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2018, 05:54:02 pm »
Great pictures Clint. I can see why it's your favorite spot. Two hours goes really fast with that much action.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2018, 06:39:24 pm »
Good amount of deer by you Clint.Always fun to be in the middle of things during the rut.Does Indiana issue an any sex tag?I've got 2 more tags to fill myself.An any sex tag and an antlerless tag.
I had a similar situation with turkeys and deer beneath me too a bit ago.I keep a turkey tag handy.We can shoot either sex in the fall on those but would prefer a jake if I had a choice.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2018, 10:13:19 pm »
 Ed, we can shoot 1 buck and several doe each season.  I buy a 3 deer bundle license.  I've got 1 doe left to kill.  I can get bonus antlerless tags if needed.   

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2018, 07:21:18 am »
OK well I bet that's basically the same thing about those antler and antlerless tags.An any sex tag gives me options.Same here about those extra doe tags if wanted.Very cheap I think but still state regulated.Which I have my conflicting own views about.$17.00 for 3 deer tags over here and $18.00 with the turkey tag added.For us 2 butchered deer are enough for meat really but an extra is always nice.
After almost 3 weeks from scaring them shooting a deer they are appearing around this small area again.More in background off to the side that are'nt in picture.A buck is trailing these.I expect to see more.
Rather chilly this morning.Into the lower teens F..Too cold for this old goat.I get too stiff after a 2-3 hour of sitting still.Maybe this evening will work.Should be close to 30F. then.Forecast is for warmer weather soon too.

BowEd
Ed

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2018, 02:13:39 pm »
You can keep the snow Ed. 

My dad sent me these pictures.  He's in my stand tonight.  I would have been unloading the quiver at that thing.  I don't know where it came from.  Nobody around us raises them.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 02:29:24 pm by osage outlaw »

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2018, 02:25:49 pm »
That's just a heavy frost Clint....Ha Ha.We do need a little snow.Some good old fashioned cold too.Helps back off the ticks for next year.At least for Robins' sake anyway.Those deer are around 30 yards away.Just out of my comfort zone but occasionally they get closer but not very often.I often think about getting a shot there someday.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 02:45:53 pm by BowEd »
BowEd
Ed

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2018, 08:18:22 pm »
Is that a pig Clint?
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2018, 08:36:07 pm »
It's a red hog Pat.  We've called around and nobody is missing one.  Dad didn't want to shoot it without checking with the neighbors first.  I was going to stay in Thursday and Friday.   Now that I know bacon is on the menu I might hit the woods.  Gun season opens Saturday.   I doubt he lasts long.