Author Topic: Sad News - Pearl Drums  (Read 8888 times)

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
Sad News - Pearl Drums
« on: October 09, 2018, 01:35:37 pm »
As many of us knew, Pearlie's wife Jean, was battling metastatic breast cancer for a few years.  It settled in her bones, liver and brain.  Chris told me late last week that time was running out for her; that he called hospice into their home to assist with her care.  We received word last night from Greg (Badly Bent) and Sharon and it is very difficult for me to write that Chris's wife passed Monday morning.  We can only feel comfort that she is finally at peace.  Though words can't describe the sadness we feel for our brother, Chris. 

http://www.luxfuneralhomes.com/obituary/jean-rothermel-koenigsknecht

Hopefully, it is okay to post the above link to funeral arrangements.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 02:01:31 pm by MWirwicki »
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline PNewton

Re: Sad News - Pearl Drums
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 02:24:40 pm »
Our thoughts go out to Chris and his family.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 02:43:04 pm »
While I had just one opportunity to meet Jean, it was obvious she was a gem of a person and that she and Chris were deeply devoted to one another.
When we are gone it's the memories that live on. Am certain Chris and his family have tons and tons of them to sustain during the tough days ahead.
Carol and I look forward to seeing ya, bud.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 03:13:15 pm »
I'm deeply saddened by this news. I never met Jean but Pearlie has been a good friend for quite a few years now even though I've only met him once. My thoughts go out to Pearlie and his family.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline feathersnwood

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 03:22:57 pm »
This is very sad news will be praying for the family!!
lets get back to the basics

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 03:24:18 pm »
Thank you, Matty, for posting this for my friends.

I wont visit this thread again, but wanted to say a few things about my beloved bride.

Baby girl was my complete heart and soul and my entire world revolved around her from day one. My life will forever be changed by that girl. Before I met her I was a stone cold 35 year old rock and didn't know what love was or how to show it to others. She taught me that the last eleven years. It is the greatest gift she ever gave me.

Thanks for the words already spoken here and any after. I love you guys :)

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline JEB

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 04:06:49 pm »
Chris, our hearts are broken for you and your family. Hang in there my friend.

Jon and Chris

Offline Stoker

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 04:19:00 pm »
My condolences to you and your family Chris..
Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2018, 04:43:28 pm »
11 years is far too short a time to be with the love of your life.  You have my deepest sympathy. I am so sorry to hear this news.

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 04:45:40 pm »
I've had the pleasure of staying at Chris's house a few times for winter gatherings. Regardless of how sick she was she was always more worried about being a good host. The mother of two boys I'd be proud to call my own. breaks my heart I will not be able to make it up for the service. You guys are in my thoughts

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2018, 06:20:38 pm »
Every ounce of my heart goes out to Chris and his family.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 06:26:14 pm by upstatenybowyer »
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline ksnow

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2018, 06:58:33 pm »
My thoughts and prayers go out to Chris. I can't imagine the pain he feels. I call him a great friend, though I've only met him twice at Marshall. What a great friend. Just want you to.know I'm thinking about you.

Kyle

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2018, 07:02:46 pm »
Chris, I never got to meet your baby girl. I'd say she did a real fine job on that 35 year old rock. She must have been a special lady.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline JonW

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2018, 07:20:53 pm »
Praying for you and yours Chris.

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2018, 07:31:09 pm »
I've never met Jean but i know what she means to Chris... i know and respect and call the man that she molded a true friend. My heart goes out to Chris and the boys...
DevilsBeachSelfbows