Author Topic: Persimmon bendy handle molle  (Read 3021 times)

Offline upstatenybowyer

Re: Persimmon bendy handle molle
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2018, 06:32:15 pm »
Cool bow Kyle.  8) I dig the random splotches of color.
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2018, 06:29:16 am »
Thanks for the input everyone. I’m beginning to love working with persimmon the more I use it. And love the grain pattern, it has a micro crosshatching type pattern to it you can see in sunlight. This bow isn’t super fast but I was getting about 150fps from a 450gr arrow only drawing about 25.5”. So I would guess in the upper 150s-low 160s when pulled to 27”. I have trouble getting myself to stretch my draw when over a chrony and shooting inside. So it had some more room to pull. But those long levers make for a super soft shooter, as in very quiet with negligible vibration at the shot. That’s before putting string fluffs on I never shot it with them on but can imagine how well it shoots now.
That splotchy pattern on the back is from leaving some of the cambium. Persimmon seems to have a thick but tightly adheared cambium. I took it down thin enough that I’m not afraid of it taking any solid wood with it if it decides to pop off. But it did scare me a bit while tillering, since it would occasionally crack making a little tick as it would. It didn’t appear to do any damage but it sure gets the heart thumping when you hear that faint sound.

I definitely recommend giving persimmon a try if you get the chance,
Kyle

Offline selfbow joe

• 1-812-344-1590
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2018, 07:28:40 am »
Nice work