Author Topic: New Workplace  (Read 1168 times)

Offline gfugal

New Workplace
« on: October 21, 2018, 10:41:59 am »
Well, this summer has been crazy. I started Grad school, and have moved twice. Needless to say, I haven't had a lot of time to work on bows. Life is starting to calm down just a bit, and hopefully, I can squeeze in some bow working, especially since I just finished a new workspace. I built a new tillering board. Originally I was going to use it on the floor, by stepping on it to hold it down (that's why the pully is so high). But now I have a place to mount it, and it makes it a bit easier. I didn't have a workbench, nor did I have the room or money to get or even make one. So Instead I built a work shelf. It's made of one 12 foot 2x4 which cost me about $6. I don't know why I didn't think about doing this sooner. I anchored it to the studs and mounted a vice I got recently which will also help a lot. having to secure everything with clamps was getting old. Plus having this space will reduce the time I have to clean up, and move things in and back out of the house. I'm pretty excited.

Greg,
No risk, no gain. Expand the mold and try new things.

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
Re: New Workplace
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 10:53:41 am »
Nice, it always helps to get a decent work set up, especially when space is limited. :)
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 11:42:43 am »
Like Del said, it always nice to have a good work area.  :OK
Hope grad school works out well for you.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 10:14:16 pm »
Congratulations on grad school!  Don't forgot to make some personal time along with all the other demands for your time!  Nice looking work area!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline ohma2

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 11:34:38 am »
Best wishes in both your indevers.