Author Topic: Looking for stone points  (Read 2906 times)

Offline ksnow

Looking for stone points
« on: October 22, 2018, 10:02:26 am »
Hello knappers,

I am looking for someone to make some points of a specific style.  Here's a pic of what I am after. They are from the Stellmoor site in Germany, from Ahresnburg culture.
If you'd be open to making some of these for trade, I have an array of natural materials to offer: arrow shaft material, staves, rawhide, leather, feathers, etc.
Let me know what you are looking for, and I'll try my hardest to work something out.

Kyle

Offline JEB

Re: Looking for stone points
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 02:12:34 pm »
Those look like points made from core blades. Different to me.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 02:16:32 pm by JEB »

Offline ksnow

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 03:55:48 pm »
That's right, JEB, they are from blades. That time period saw the start of blade usage, which evolved into the microblades and transverse points of the mesolithic. It's definitely not what you normally see for knapping.

Kyle

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 07:58:07 pm »
Contact James Parker(huntworthyproductions...a sponsor). I'm sure James can make them for you if he has time.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Gregoryv

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2020, 08:49:51 pm »
I believe I could make something similar out of hornstone.  They are just blades that look like they can be hafted. How many do you want?  What kind of staves do you have? If