Author Topic: Otzi movie!  (Read 2027 times)

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Otzi movie!
« on: July 18, 2018, 06:43:41 am »
http://www.bulldog-film.com/films/iceman/

Since it's not a major production/distribution company, finding venue to see this movie may be challenge.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline AndrewS

Re: Otzi movie!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 08:22:34 am »
I have seen the film last year in cinema.
It is a nice film but not a documentary and in my opinion some mistakes in the script...

It is nice to see Franko Nero (the actor plays the first " Django"), and also I know the bowyer and archery-trainer of the actors.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 11:27:17 am »
I'd like to see it. Thanks Knoll
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 11:44:40 am »
why they thinks carrying a bow sideways is comfortable ?

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 06:42:56 am »
      It may not have been comfortable, but I doubt he felt the weight of a bow...It may have been quick access held that way...I must see this movie...I would say a lot of the pictures and the way he carried the bow in the film is pure speculation...I hate speculation sometimes, but it makes you think...
                                                                                                         Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 09:42:18 am »
Watched the movie.
Recontructions are not bad if you dont look too close. The plot is credible. Not a bad movie in my opinion
It could have been titled: "why you had to eat that apple? endless retaliation"

***** SPOILER WARNING   ***********
How did they managed to recover the bow if in the movie....   (A)

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2018, 10:13:47 pm »
Should be interesting!  Does it have closed captioning? >:D. Wee deaf guys appreciate that!  Taking advantage of a dead guy ain't fair, especially since he was apparently shot in the back!  Hope he wasn't holding aces and eights!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2018, 12:46:17 am »
Should be interesting!  Does it have closed captioning? >:D. Wee deaf guys appreciate that!
The few dialogs are made in rethic, an ancient language. No need to understand what they say  :OK

Offline AndrewS

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2018, 01:28:51 am »
A new theorie ;):

It was the end of the daylight  perhaps with fog and snow drift. Ötzi dressed in fur  was not recognized as a man. He was confused at long distance with an animal and so shot in the back.
The hunter took no objects of Ötzi, so he could not be identified as the archer, who sent the arrow..... 8)

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2018, 06:39:05 am »
the bow.
bows, quivers and arrows look pretty genuine