Author Topic: Smag & Hedgehunter HHB 2018 Hunts  (Read 865 times)

Offline Smag

Re: Smag & Hedgehunter HHB 2018 Hunts
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2018, 10:20:44 am »
Processing.
Energetically Will I meet the enemies of my country.

Red River Country
Tennessee

Offline RandyN

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2018, 07:47:50 am »
Congrats on a very successful year. Nice looking bow. Glad you realized the jinx early on and went back to your old faithful.  :)

Offline Smag

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2018, 11:33:38 am »
Veterans day harvest. HHB 66" 44 @28" Same tree I took the first button. Saw 4-5 bucks and several birdy doe's. One deer came in but offered not shot, a young no typical 5X8 or 9. He had a crazy right horn. If he makes the rifle season he going to be a hella deer next season. I would not think twice about taking him with SB for my last Statewide buck.
Had to leave this old gal in tree overnite with my assault pack Blk & Tackle. No coyote damage but I bet they were looking. Her entrails were creekbound so they may not have even found her.

Red River Country
Tennessee

Offline stixnstones

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2018, 11:53:39 am »
Thats one helluva season

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2018, 01:39:35 pm »
Thats one helluva season

I'd have to agree with you Mike. How many is that now HH? I lost count. Be eating good this year.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Smag

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2018, 01:52:45 pm »
Little luck don't hurt. The place I hunt is animal heavy. Have very high deer densities here in this part of Tenn. Last season was thread bare with selfbow for me. This year, seems like every few times I have it out I get lucky. My friend Ray and I boned her out and divied her up. Bones went to my friend down the way to freeze for dogs. We pressure canned 7 qts of meat for myself, Ray did a bunch at his house. We ground some burger mix and split the backstraps. Deer was dry doe and old I figgger. Not in the breeding pool any more. Either way everything from her tongue to her liver got used. Tail went in the fishing pile to be dyed later for rockfish jigs come April.

HH~

Red River Country
Tennessee