Author Topic: Pair of bald eagles  (Read 1544 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Pair of bald eagles
« on: November 07, 2018, 06:24:54 am »
A captured moment caught by Robin the other day.It's that time of year around here again.These were hanging out on an old dead snag of a honey locust by the pond by us.I went to investigate as it could of meant dead fish by the edge of the pond,but instead they were feeding on an old dead coon.The turkey vultures have gone abit farther south so they take over the chore now of clean up.

Pretty soon all of the wounded deer that were not found by shotgun hunters will get cleaned up by them too.I know of a family of bow hunters that put all of their rib cage and bones out in a field by them and they watch from their house as many as 20 bald eagle come to clean those carcasses up.Magnificent looking bird I'd say.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Pair of bald eagles
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 08:57:06 am »
I put my Fox and coyote carcasses out in field by my house. I've been watching them for probably close to ten years now. They can pick a carcass clean in no time. A few winters ago I picked a road kill deer off my lawn. I thought I'd put it by my ravine and maybe get some trail camera pictures of Fox and Coyotes. I got a Bald Eagle and a stripped clean carcasse. I don't know how he flew away.
Bjrogg
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 02:14:38 pm by bjrogg »
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 10:00:27 am »
Ed, funny you should bring this up, Yesterday was driving by a harvested bean field that had some water in the low spots from all our rains this fall, saw something in the water but didn't look quite right, when I got closer it was a immature Bald Eagle. I couldn't see what he had in the water but pretty soon here came a second immature and he lands in the water right next to him, a little bickering and then separate and land 20 yds or so away from each other, never did see what they had in the puddle, Not much cover for even a mouse once the harvest the soy beans, anyways I got to see a pair of immatures yesterday. Bob

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 01:32:48 pm »
I think these might be a mating pair.Not sure though.I'm really surprised they don't try for some of the cats on the yard running loose.Our chickens are fenced in top to bottom and sides.Gotta remember everything is hungry out there.....lol.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Zuma

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 01:53:34 pm »
Awesome sight. Captured by a lady that knows the business ;D
Thanks Ed and Robin
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline JEB

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 07:05:15 pm »
Nice photo. Even at almost 70 I still get excited when I see an eagle.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2018, 05:17:27 am »
Awesome sight. Captured by a lady that knows the business ;D
Thanks Ed and Robin
Zuma

That is a very nice picture Ed. Robin did good. I've been trying to get a good picture with my cell phone for years. There's a reason they for the saying "Eagle Eyes". They don't miss anything. I've got some pictures but nothing close or flying away.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise