Author Topic: What seat to use???  (Read 3923 times)

Offline Bentstick81

What seat to use???
« on: November 07, 2018, 12:34:35 pm »
 I was wondering what type of seat, or do you just use a couple of seat pads, and just sit right on the ground, while hunting deer? I am having a heck of a time trying to carry a seat in, along with a non-bow quiver? Thanks in advance.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: What seat to use???
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 01:23:27 pm »
I use one I made for myself.I call it my T seat.Quiver goes over your shoulder don't it?
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline TimBo

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 03:22:20 pm »
That looks a lot more comfy than my T seat made from scrap lumber!

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 03:38:14 pm »
Anything can work really out of wood too.Main component is that rerod spike with the disk to stop spike from sinking in dirt too far welded to a metal plate on the other end.That metal plate is screwed to a 6" by 12" piece of 3/4" plywood.It doesn't really need the pad either.Took about a hour to make.
BowEd
Ed

Offline DC

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 09:27:40 am »
I would use it like the first picture, second way looks a little uncomfortable ;D

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 10:05:06 am »
I agree DC and that's good humor,but for those serious about hunting with their natural materials bow it was shown that way to show how it was put together.
BowEd
Ed

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 02:19:15 pm »
  Bentstick,
                  I hunt the ground only from natural vegetation...Sitting flat on the ground gives me limited mobility on my shot making...I use a Huntmore swivel type chair which allows me to turn 360 degrees silently...It's made from aluminum which is light and it's built like a tank...This picture is from my back yard during practice...I do practice various shots from my stool at times, it's different from standing shots...
                                                                          Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Bentstick81

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 05:46:31 pm »
I have looked at them also, Don. My problem is that when i carry in a seat, my arrows in my quiver bang off the seat when the brush kicks my quiver a little sideways. I use the mini Catquiver on drizzly days hunting, and i get the same response. I was thinking of a plains quiver, but didn't know if my feathers would be matted down due to the arrows stacked on top of each other. I have been using a seat like Bow ED for ten years or so. It seems to be the only one that my arrows don't clang on as often. Just wanted to see what other people were using with a Non-bow quiver.

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2018, 06:10:02 pm »
  Bentstick, I use a plains quiver and that allows me to carry my seat and have a free hand also...Sometimes my feathers are matted but as soon as I wipe them a few times they straighten out...One good thing about Ed's stool is you won't doze off for a nap...
                                                                                                                                              Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Bentstick81

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2018, 07:04:45 pm »
I have. It's a wild ride for a moment. LOL

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2018, 09:56:48 pm »
Another option to use is just digging a hole to put your feet in depending on the area your in of course,then just sitting down on the ground.Half the time I take a shot from that T seat I go to 1 knee anyway while drawing.
The T seat many times I will put a tree to my back side in the woods.I used to use it in corn rows on the end rows using bamboo backed bows holding the bow straight up and down looking like another corn stalk.
BowEd
Ed

Offline chamookman

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2018, 02:11:41 am »
Google, Torges seat. Works great !  :OK Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.