Author Topic: BJ for you and your chuck hunting buddy  (Read 4479 times)

Offline Zuma

BJ for you and your chuck hunting buddy
« on: November 07, 2018, 10:16:39 pm »
About forty yards on my crutches :-D -C-
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Hawkdancer

Re: BJ for you and your chuck hunting buddy
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 11:16:47 pm »
Wait a minute!? Crossbow?  Aren't crutches considered a crutch? >:D :-D. Looks like you didn't have to drag her very far!   Congratulations!  Especially on crutches!  That is a very inspiring hunt!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Zuma

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 01:41:27 pm »
I was gonna use the recurved but all the carp crap was stilled taped on. :-[
She went straight down. A spine/ shoulder shot. She couldn't move. :-X
The drag back home wasn't to bad---- >:D 4 wheeler
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 05:40:35 pm »
Nice Zuma, I'll make sure to show my ground hog hunting buddy Gary. I just finished sugarbeets. Man it feels good to be done. Still lots of stuff to do but the big pressure is off.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 07:07:39 pm »
Don what did you do that your on crutches?
Congrats on the deer.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 09:25:22 pm »
That is worth wide spread posting!  Of course some of the touchy fee lies will be upset, but the real Hunter's will understand the achievement!  Mind if I try to forward it to our state Hunter Ed Coordinator?  Maybe it will inspire some of our disabled/handicapped hunters!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 10:51:58 pm »
Somebody is going to be eating good soon.Congrats!
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2018, 05:12:43 am »
Don what did you do that your on crutches?
Congrats on the deer.

Rob, I should probably let Don tell you the details. I know he stepped in a hole this spring while bow hunting carp. I believe he torn a tendon and from what I understand the doctors aren't going to or can't fix it. That's a shame, but glad to see your still keeping busy and challenging yourself. I sure wish it would heal Zuma, but it could be worse. It most always could be worse. I'm sure my buddy Gary would love to be on crutches and I know there's guy's and gals in wheelchairs that would love to be able to still hunt ground hogs. When it comes down to it. It's all about playing the cards that life deals you. Looks like you played a winning hand there Don.👍
Bjrogg

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2018, 10:09:36 am »
Don a showed my wheelchair bound ground hog hunting buddy Gary your post today. He was so happy to have been a inspiration to you. Also was glad your inspiringly others as well. Take care Zuma and enjoy that venison.
Bjrogg

Offline burtonridr

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2018, 08:23:00 pm »
Nice work!  :OK

The thread title is funny lol. (lol)

Offgrid mtn living

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2018, 06:51:13 am »
Burtonridr, not sure if you know or not. Awhile back I posted about one of my buddies that has been in a wheelchair for many years. He is paralyzed from more than waists down. Even his trigger finger doesn't work. He has always been a hunter. Another friend of mine takes him ground hog hunting and they ended up be on our PBS local station Michigan Outdoors. Gary and Randy have been doing this for several years now and they have been taking about 210 ground hogs a year. Randy shoots a few, but mostly just tries to get Gary a good shot. Their both some of the finest people I've ever meet.
I have enormous respect for both of them. That's the story behind the strange title.
Bjrogg

Offline burtonridr

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2018, 07:49:26 am »
Hey BJ,

No I didnt know the back story, I just kept skimming through the threads and seeing "BJ for you..." and first reaction is, what kinda forum is this? lol.... Childish I know.

Knowing the backstory on that is pretty cool though, lots of respect for anyone that finds the positive in their life when they may have a lot of reason to be down. Your buddy that goes out with him sounds like a great guy. I had heard from a friend who grew up in PA that ground hog hunting was a big thing over there. He would shoot them and then give them to his neighbor that would grill them up. I've considered trying that here, we have yellow belly marmots and I dont see a reason not to try them, but there is an outbreak of black plague in the prarie dogs and other animals that live in close relation to them. So I've been hesitant to even touch dead small game in the area. Sorry a bit off topic, just came to mind.
Offgrid mtn living

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2018, 08:25:05 am »
No need to be sorry. Seems like Mother Nature always has something to thin a population up her sleeve. Not sure what it is for these ground hogs though. They just keep get thicker. Gary and Randy need a whole lot of more help.
Bjrogg

Offline Zuma

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2018, 04:00:50 am »
Great to see the positive nature being shared here. I got me a chair buck in rifle season.
I have always been able to ride my quad. This helps get me in position to hunt. Also some good news on the knee,. I have been able to shuffle 15 feet or so with out the crutches. The pain is gone and I am hopeful. Thank you all  )P( )P( )P(
Zuma

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2018, 04:12:24 am »
That's great news Don. Hope it keeps improving. Gary will really be glad to hear that.
Bjrogg