Author Topic: My Forge  (Read 2738 times)

Offline TRiggs

My Forge
« on: November 08, 2018, 12:30:32 pm »
I hope this works this time, here is a pic of my forge and a knife I am making for a Navy Corpsman from 5160.
American Blade Smith Apprentice

Offline Mesophilic

Re: My Forge
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 05:43:45 pm »
That's a great looking forge!

My Corpsmen only needed needles and an extra pad for their seats in the Hummers  ;D
Trying is the first step to failure
-Homer Simpson-

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 09:37:25 pm »
That is major surgery!  A chance to cut is a chance to cure!  I'd pas out if my medic brought out a scalpel like that!  And I was a medic among other specialities!  Nice looking blade for fighting - but when the enemy is close enough for knives, pistols and hand grenades, they are to da**ed close!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline TRiggs

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 11:10:54 pm »
I was a combat medic in the Army and this knife is for a family member , the Marines have the KaBar but I wanted him to have something better it will chop through the pelvic of a deer or elk and serve in combat. The last time  Corpman were issued a knife it was a knife made to chop bamboo for making litters with ponchos that's not suited at all for today's armed forces. It will also make a Great Zombie killer ;D
American Blade Smith Apprentice

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 05:40:17 am »
Nice forge!  Could you post some close up pictures of your burners and maybe some details about them?  I want to build a gas forge from a propane tank.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left