Author Topic: soooo close  (Read 8088 times)

Offline huntertrapper

Re: soooo close
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2008, 10:44:25 pm »
seems like your getting into em. sounds good. hope to see ya get one soon.
Modern Day Tramp

kdub

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2008, 12:17:53 am »
Thanks bro.  I hope i get one too.  Hopeefully next weekend I will be able to use the new blind I made, if the wind is right.  Otherwise Ill be sitting behind a tree,  before the fork in the trail, so no matter which way they go Ill be able to pop one.  Theyve been showing up pretty regularaly, Im praying that their pattern doesn't change.  Last weekend my buddy and I walked in about 45 minutes later than we wanted and spooked a BIG group of them, Im guessin' that there were atr least 20 hogs together.  It just feels good to finally be into em after lots of scouting. ;D

Offline sailordad

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2008, 12:54:36 am »
like Michael Waddel would say   "pork chops"

and Homer Simpson "mmmmm pork chops"  :D :D

yup gotto love them piggies
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

kdub

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2008, 12:58:44 am »
mmmmmmmm bacon.       

Offline sailordad

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2008, 01:00:42 am »
dang, how did i forget that? ???
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

kdub

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2008, 04:20:34 pm »
I had one walk up the trail again today, I should have been more patient and waited longer to start to get ready draw my bow, because he spooked and ran back the otherway before I could get into position for a good shot.  I only moved a little, and I was concealed retty good behind my brush blind.  The lesson of the day  PATIENCE PATIENCE PATIENCE.   Oh well, It was a little frusturating to get so close again and not make meat,  but on the3 bright side its all going towards experience, Its fun to be out there, I got to see a boar up really close, and I never even got near this close last year when I started hunting. So maybe todays lesson will pay off tomorrow when I go back.
-Kdub