Author Topic: I have wild turkey feathers to trade.  (Read 3791 times)

Offline loefflerchuck

• www.heartwoodbows.com
I have wild turkey feathers to trade.
« on: November 11, 2018, 06:49:50 pm »
Hundreds of them. Long feathers from mature birds. Primaries, secondaries and tail. I'm possibly looking for staves, arrow shafts that do not grow in Utah, High quality flint, quality stone points.  If I think of other things I need I'll chime in.

Offline jeffp51

Re: I have wild turkey feathers to trade.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 07:13:22 pm »
I might have something. I got some cane shafts in a trade that are a little short for my full draw. Let me look.  You interested?

Offline loefflerchuck

• www.heartwoodbows.com
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 09:18:03 pm »
Thanks for the offer but I just got a couple hundred cane shafts.

Offline Eric Garza

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 05:10:13 pm »
I have some stone points I might be willing to part with. How many feathers would you trade for 6 stone points?

Offline Eric Garza

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 05:11:37 pm »
I also have fresh whitetail back sinew too, though interest has been so high so far that I have not been able to accumulate it. It goes out the door about as fast as I can clean & dry it.

Offline loefflerchuck

• www.heartwoodbows.com
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 09:36:09 am »
Depends on the quality of the point Eric. For well made hunting points I'd trade 35 tail or 42 secondary or 50 large primary. Pm me with a photo. or post one here.

Offline burtonridr

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2018, 07:49:49 am »
I'm in serious need of feathers at the moment.

How about red dogwood shoots? Plume agate(could be used to make stone points)? Might be able to find workable jasper(will have to check our pile)? Salted deer hide(leg quarter) with fur on? elk leg bone? Piece of elk antler?

Any of it interest you?

Offgrid mtn living

Offline Eric Garza

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2018, 11:51:19 am »
I will take a few photos when I get home and upload them.

Offline loefflerchuck

• www.heartwoodbows.com
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2018, 12:03:59 pm »
Burton, If it is good flint I would take it. I'm not the best knapper so I'm looking for stone that is not too hard to work.

Offline Eric Garza

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2018, 09:58:53 am »
Here are all of the points I currently have. Of the six larger ones, the four on the left were made by Ryan Gill. The two to the right I received in trades with other people, but I do not remember their names. The five smaller ones I also received in trade, but do not know who I got them form. These look nice, but are probably not legal to hunt with here in the US as they have barbs and are less than 7/8 inches wide. Let me know if any of these are interesting to you.

Offline burtonridr

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2018, 08:20:02 pm »
I ended up making a side trade with someone for feathers, so I'm not in real need for more at the moment(continuously amazed at the generosity and friendliness of people on this forum). But, I'm still willing to make a trade if it helps you out LC. To answer your question, unfortunately I dont have flint, I have plum agate and jasper. The plum agate would make really nice points, but I'm not sure how easy it is to work with. The jasper I think is close to flint, it is similar. I've only done limited knapping so I'm just not sure how it compares to flint, but I have made a few arrowheads with it. If you are interested I can post a few pics.
Offgrid mtn living

Offline loefflerchuck

• www.heartwoodbows.com
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2018, 11:05:34 am »
Eric, all those points look great!  I'm not too concerned about legal size. I'll take as many of those points as you want to send and will make sure you get a very fair amount of feathers. Let me know the kind of feather you prefer. I don't have as many tail feathers as wing.

Offline loefflerchuck

• www.heartwoodbows.com
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2018, 11:06:33 am »
Burton, I'd take any good stone you have if you ever want to trade in the future.