Author Topic: Willing to trade staves for lessons  (Read 2395 times)

Offline Chase624

Willing to trade staves for lessons
« on: November 12, 2018, 07:52:47 pm »
My name is Chase and I’m 18 and just starting to venture into crafting my own bows.  I have access to a ton of Osage trees and many other species around where I live and hunt and would be willing to trade Osage, and whatever other woods for lessons from someone in the Southwestern Pennsylvania area, West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland or Ohio, if interested please email me at cambrose624@gmail.com, serious inquires only please

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Willing to trade staves for lessons
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 11:31:13 am »
Dang, with South Dakota was closer. I'd pick a stave for each of us and we'd run'em out side by side!  At least that way, I'd probably finish one for a change! 

Hope someone chimes in close to you. This is a great  world to get into, good people and good times!  And if you can shake free, head for the Tennessee Classic at Pappy's place the first week in May.  Plenty of bowyers there working round the clock and no shortage of great teachers!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 02:57:31 pm »
Bit too far from me  >:(
Del ... in the UK
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline rps3

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 08:04:34 am »
Chase, I live close to Johnstown pa and would be willing to show you what I know about making bows. Time is my limiting factor, but we should be able to work something out over winter. Let me know if your still interested. Bob