Author Topic: Old TC kit and shooting woes  (Read 11610 times)

Offline Eric Krewson

Re: Old TC kit and shooting woes
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2018, 01:34:18 pm »
Beautifully said JW, when we get elderly we have to adapt or quit what we love, there is no quit in me.

I don't think I mentioned it here but deer my drag-a-matic got its final test Monday evening. I pulled all the lead I own and two cans of diesel 100ft up a hill with my drill setting on 22 or a fairly low torque setting for what the drill will actually put out. I am ready for that deer that runs off in the grand canyon behind my house now.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2018, 12:03:17 am »
Work smarter, not harder.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2018, 10:21:57 am »
I walked past a stack of "deer sleds" at Wally World this fall and chuckled, "$29 bucks, for that!?" - then I tried to move a deer with a tarp fighting ground cactus!  Next time, I see those sleds, one of them is coming with me.  Also carry a come along pulley in the Suv, have to get some non stretchable rope, though!  This year, it was a real pita, getting the deer through the side door as my tailgate was damaged when I got Rear ended, $2,700 worth!  I agree with JW - work smarter, not harder!  However,  old is 40 years older than I am ever going to be!  I certainly am not going to act my age!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2018, 06:54:49 am »
The ice fishing sled pulls easier than a deer on the ground. What I like about them is you can field dress your deer, get rid of the extra 30% of the weight, throw the deer in the sled and keep the body cavity free of dirt and leaves on the way back out of the woods.

Offline sleek

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2018, 08:29:48 am »
I walked past a stack of "deer sleds" at Wally World this fall and chuckled, "$29 bucks, for that!?" - then I tried to move a deer with a tarp fighting ground cactus!  Next time, I see those sleds, one of them is coming with me.  Also carry a come along pulley in the Suv, have to get some non stretchable rope, though!  This year, it was a real pita, getting the deer through the side door as my tailgate was damaged when I got Rear ended, $2,700 worth!  I agree with JW - work smarter, not harder!  However,  old is 40 years older than I am ever going to be!  I certainly am not going to act my age!
Hawkdancer

Hawk, what kinda truck you got?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2018, 10:34:26 am »
Right now, I got a 2007Toyota Sequoia 4x4, 4.7 l (287?)V8.  If I get a different vehicle,  I will probably go for a 4x4 crew cab truck with a 5.7 V8, like the Dodge Ram, or the Toyota Tundra.  Of course, money matters, as well.  Will also do a bit of research as to the timing chains or belts.
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry