Author Topic: Christmas Trade Received  (Read 8293 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Christmas Trade Received
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2018, 05:27:54 am »
Glad you like it. Sounds like it found a good home. My wife and I are both happy.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2018, 03:33:52 pm »
Pat you should know the knife you sent was used to open all the Christmas boxes this morning. My kids started calling it The Man knife.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 04:22:50 pm by jeffp51 »

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2018, 04:24:29 pm »
 :OK   8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2018, 06:24:02 am »
I received this cool puzzle box from Trevor yesterday. It kept my 14 year old daughter occupied for 45 minutes last night. It took her a while, but she figured it out. It was good to see a teenager not on her phone. Thanks Trevor!

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline TrevorM

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2018, 08:56:23 am »
Glad it got there alright Dave! I forgot to mention those paper stars, they're "Ninja stars" my son made and insisted I include 😀
Trevor

Offline burtonridr

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2018, 01:33:02 pm »
Received a gift from an unknown person while we were out of town.

Package included 6 seasoned shoot shafts, which looks like dog wood, but to pithy to be dogwood, so I have no idea what it is?

Also included 2 bow billets, which I think might be osage orange? but it is a total guess because I've never had osage orange.

And also some natural string/fiber material, again not sure what it is? Palm frond fiber, or yucca fiber?

Super excited to get to use different materials that I've never used!! hopefully the sender will reply with a better description of the materials  ;D

Thank you very much  :)
Offgrid mtn living

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2018, 06:21:26 am »
Burtonridr,
That package was from me. I thought I wrote my handle next to my name on te shipping label. But no big deal. In the box is: a pair of characters shagbark hickory billets that have been in a barn loft for 3 years, multuflora rose shafts that have been drying about 3 months, the fibers are yucca and there should be a white silk ribbon that long enough to back 2-3 bows depending on length.
I hope they’re things you can make use of.

Kyle

Offline warpath

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2018, 03:02:04 pm »
Came home from running errands to a package on the porch from Swampman. Beautiful quiver, tons of feathers, some horn, a piece of purpleheart, and a big Nicholson file!!!!!  :OK Now I gotta make some arrows for the quiver and set up an appointment with my blacksmith friend to make a knife!!! Thank you very much there Swampy!!!!!  ;D

G-Monee  >:D

Offline Swampman

• Primitive Archer subscription number PM109299
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2018, 05:03:33 pm »
Warpath,

I wasn't sure that package was going to make it.  I mailed it on December 13th and it was supposed to get to you on the 19th.  I am really glad the USPS finally came through. 

Offline warpath

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2019, 09:07:38 am »
Sadly that common for USPS this time of year. Glad it made it though. It was a great way to end the year. Thank you again!!!  :OK

G-Monee  >:D

Offline TrevorM

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2019, 01:49:48 pm »
My gift arrived today from YosemiteBen today. A really nice possibles bag, some park ranger patches and pins and a very cool obsidian point. Thanks a lot Ben! I'll post some pics when I get home.
Trevor

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2019, 04:09:02 pm »
I received a beautiful turkey call from tattoo dave today.

Offline TrevorM

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2019, 08:19:47 pm »
Here's what I got, thanks again Ben!
Trevor

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2019, 08:51:36 pm »
Cool stuff from Ben. He does nice work.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2019, 07:47:05 am »
Rob, glad the call made it. So that is a black walnut burl, with some acrylic resin. Hopefully one of these days we can call some turkeys in together with it! I just have to find the time to get to PA! Here’s a pic for those who haven’t seen it. I didn’t want to post a pic before shipping due to the fact that Rob knew he was my victim.

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI