Author Topic: Christmas Trade Received  (Read 8291 times)

Offline sleek

Re: Christmas Trade Received
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2019, 04:47:00 pm »
I recieved an amazing quiver from Paul.  I have wanted one of this style for a long time, and boy is it well made with all the lether strap work he did. Thanks so very much! I will use this exclusively.  I will post pics later of it. My phone camera is non op.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2019, 05:58:06 pm »
I was wondering where that fine quiver was going. I saw one he made at Elm Hall and it was very well made.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2019, 07:57:46 pm »
Don't forget pics. 
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2019, 11:43:49 am »
Glad you like the bag trevor! Now you just need to come visit.

Offline TrevorM

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2019, 11:35:46 am »
That'd be great. My wife's from SoCal so you never know :)
Trevor

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2019, 12:42:23 am »
First thing first!  Got a bundle of river cane shafts and bamboo slats from Sleek!  Seems like the Grinch was screwing with Christmas every where!  Now, I  have to learn how to do a bamboo backing!  Arrows, I thinmk I can do!!   Haven't heard from my victim yet, hope customs hasn't screwed things up!  Will post some pics tomorrow, I hope!  Plan on being at MoJam again!  Got to get a couple of stsve in progress! 
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2019, 12:49:21 am »
Btw, we plan on being in SoCal first(?) weekend in June for CampJam!  Music, but we could talk bows and arrows when we aren't playing! I-5   Exit 46(?) Pine Valley, Laguna NF, Horse Head Campground.  I may have my harp along! C'mon down!
Hawkdancer
Jerry

Offline sleek

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2019, 08:05:30 pm »
First thing first!  Got a bundle of river cane shafts and bamboo slats from Sleek!  Seems like the Grinch was screwing with Christmas every where!  Now, I  have to learn how to do a bamboo backing!  Arrows, I thinmk I can do!!   Haven't heard from my victim yet, hope customs hasn't screwed things up!  Will post some pics tomorrow, I hope!  Plan on being at MoJam again!  Got to get a couple of stsve in progress! 
Hawkdancer

Glad it got there. The bamboo slats grew on my property. I flattened them, but they would be best if ground down to a knife edge.  I didnt do that because the edge gets really brittle. The bamboo shafts are tomato stakes. I bought 6 packets to get that many good ones, but they should be perfect. I have one more thing I am still working on for you but am struggling with. Hope to finish it this week.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2019, 11:17:54 pm »
Cool!  I've been driving Jacie crazy with terms like cane, shoots, footed arrows, etc!  I will be putting some arrows together for the bow I am making for her - 35-40# Osage, just have to see witch stave wants to be a bow and which one wants to be a walking stick!  Either way, I learn something!
Hawkdancer
Jerry