Author Topic: Give your loved ones a hug  (Read 3437 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Give your loved ones a hug
« on: December 12, 2018, 05:23:14 am »
And tell them you love em. My wife and daughter got into a pretty serious accident a two nights ago. They we're east bound on a fairly busy road. The combine was west bound in the dark with a 30' wide header. He tried to get off to the side as much as he could. It wasn't enough. There was about 3 or 4 feet sticking into my wife's lane. I'm so thankful she and my daughter are ok. She has a broken rib and really bad bruising especially where her seatbelt was. If you live in the country, please watch out for farm equipment. This guy shouldn't have been on this road in the dark with this header on. It was a pretty stupid thing to do. That's what they make header wagons for. That being said, still be careful around that farm equipment. Even when we're trying to be as safe as we can. It can turn dangerous. None of us like running this equipment on the road. We'd much rather be in the field.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline burchett.donald

Re: Give your loved ones a hug
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 06:17:13 am »
         I went out this morning and scraped the ice off Tammy's windows...Told her to drive safe...Ya never know...Glad yours are safe
                                          Don
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 12:13:41 am by burchett.donald »
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 06:20:49 am »
Me to Don. I hope everyone is. Believe me you don't want to hit a John Deere  :-D and we never know when it's time to go.
Bjrogg

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 07:12:35 am »
Very sorry to see that happen BJ.Tragic thing to happen.I'm assuming your daughter is ok but I'm sue they will be sore for quite a while.You might have to be chief cook and bottle washer for a while.It's good the lions share of your work is done outside.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 07:36:56 am »
Thanks Ed, your right. Never like to see this kind of thing happen. Susie is feeling better today. She is still sore but she's a tough lady. I'd probably be mopping around. She's taking care of everyone else. I got kicked out of her kitchen. I guess I know who the Chief bottle washer is around here. I'm a very lucky man and I know it. Our daughter seems fine. Knees are a bit sore but doesn't seem to be slowing her down to much. Her little dog took quite a ride and it's her baby. She was so worried about her Zoey, and zoey was worried about her.  We are finished up with tillage now. It has been a difficult year and there are still a lot of crops out. We are done now. It's a especially good feeling this year to be finished.
Bjrogg
Safe travels to everyone this Christmas Season

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 09:48:05 am »
Glad to hear they weren't any major injuries.  How does the insurance handle that type of accident?  As a farmer do you have coverage for when you drive on the road?  Was the combine driver responsible for the wreck?  Your post made me curious about how all of that works.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 09:56:52 am »
Glad your wife and daughter are OK, sorry your wife was injured but it could have been worse. Thankfully it wasn't.
 I live in a farming community and deal with farm equipment on the road quite often.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 10:37:51 am »
Glad to hear your wife and daughter are all right!  That could have been a lot worse!  Hopefully, both will recover without any repercussions!  She will likely need a new truck, though!  Heck of a way to start the holidays!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2018, 10:59:35 am »
Clint Michigan is a no fault state. Every vehicle has a policy. Each policy pays its holder. Then from what I understand they sue each other for their expenses if there is a obvious faulty operator. It gets strange when our adult daughter is or similar rider is in our vehicle. If they are adult and not living with us they are covered under their vehicle insurance for medical. If they don't live with you and don't have their vehicle they are covered under vehicle insurance of their roommate if they have one. If they or their roommates don't have vehicle it goes back to policy of vehicle that was involved and they were passengers in. Kinda strange but it's supposed to avoid waiting for court and long drawn out battle to get compensation.

We do have insurance on all our equipment. Liability insurance at minimum. I really don't know how that all works. Fortunately we've never had to use it.

Thanks Pat. It is especially bad when the the days are long and the nights are longer.

Yes Jerry the insurance company said it is totaled. Dang just finished paying it off and it was a good vehicle. Glad we didn't have to get this one fixed though.
Bjrogg

Offline Swampman

• Primitive Archer subscription number PM109299
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2018, 12:01:50 pm »
I am sorry to hear this happened BJ.  I am glad no one was more seriously injured.  Broken ribs are bad enough.  I bruised my ribs once and I was a big baby.  Your wife sounds much tougher than me.  Happy holidays.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2018, 01:00:08 pm »
Thanks Swampman. Yes I had a couple cracked ribs once to. I grantee I was fussing more than my wife is and I didn't have the huge bruises either. I guess if she can put up with me all these years what's a broken rib and some bruises. We weren't feeling lucky to nights ago but we are now.
Bjrogg

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2018, 06:32:23 pm »
Glad to hear everyone's OK BJ.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2018, 06:57:42 pm »
Thanks Rob. Their both hurting more tonight. Their gonna be ok though.
Bjrogg

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2018, 07:26:49 pm »
Thanks Rob. Their both hurting more tonight. Their gonna be ok though.
Bjrogg

And that is what counts.  Glad all are safe.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2018, 02:19:04 am »
Glad to hear they are OK and healing BJ ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.