Author Topic: Give your loved ones a hug  (Read 3432 times)

Offline PNewton

Re: Give your loved ones a hug
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2018, 04:19:57 am »
Good to hear your wife and daughter are going to be ok BJ. That definitely could have been worse considering what was involved.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2018, 04:40:13 am »
Thanks Paul, Bob and JW. Yes we didn't really need the extra excitement and the pleasure of filling out pages and pages and more pages of forms for insurance company. I hate shopping for a different vehicle. I am so Thankful that everyone is ok though. I'm so thankful I can still hug my wife and tell her I love her. My daughter just left for work. She's doing pretty well. It's funny though how her little dog realizes what they survived. She as well as the rest of us seem to understand how fortunate we really are.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline JEB

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2018, 05:38:32 am »
Glad everyone is doing Ok Brian. Been busy with Chris so I haven't been on here much.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2018, 05:42:00 am »
Give her a hug for me Jon.
Merry Christmas my friend.
Bjrogg

Offline feathersnwood

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2018, 05:46:16 am »
Glad to hear everyone is ok !
lets get back to the basics

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2018, 06:03:56 am »
Thanks Andy. You can give Sherl and Wyat a hug for me to. Safe travels to you and yours.
Bjrogg
I think I got the names right. Was great meeting you all at Marshall.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2018, 06:09:28 am »
Glad all is well, cars can be replaced but not love ones. I tell Miss Joanie everyday, stay alert it can happen in the blink of an eye. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Mesophilic

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2018, 09:58:06 am »
Glad it was no major injuries.   I've suffered  broken ribs on more than one occasion and I feel for her pain.  Wish I could tell you something thst helps, but there's not much.  Sometimes a compression bandage helps a little and sometimes ice.  Just keep her away from anyone with a cold or flu for a while. 

First time I broke a rib I caught a cold and every sneeze or cough was like being punched by a heavy weight boxer.   You feel the cough come on, and you just brace yourself for another round of torture.  But the alternative is holding backnthe coughs and getting pneumonia.   My doctor didn't want to give me any narcotic pain meds and the OTC stuff wasn't cutting it.  My wife was recovering from her breast cancer surgery and had a big bottle of them.   So I sent doc a pic and told her one way or another I was getting pain relief, we could do it under her supervision,  or I could go it alone.  There was a paper script waiting for me st the front counter 30 mins later.  I have a pretty high pain threshold, but broken ribs with a cold was up there with my kidney stone on the pain scale. 
Trying is the first step to failure
-Homer Simpson-

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2018, 12:03:08 pm »
Yes Pappy so true.
Dieselchesse anyone who knows my wife, knows she loves to laugh. Once you get her started she can't stop. Really, seriously, she loves to laugh. Not so much right now.
I will tell her to avoid anyone with a cough.
Bjrogg

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2018, 07:03:33 pm »
Can't believe I'm only just seeing this BJ. I'm so glad your loved ones are okay. I worry about mine all the time, especially at this time of year. I'm gonna take extra care out there on the roads and give extra hugs and kisses each morning after reading this. Thank you  :)
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb