Author Topic: Lots of stuff to give away  (Read 12176 times)

Offline sleek

Re: Lots of stuff to give away
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2019, 11:12:00 am »
I tried getting the yew, but i posted that on this thread. He pmed me saying the yew was spoken for by somebody else.

I wonder who on here is getting what exactly?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline DuBois

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2019, 11:45:20 am »
Warpath, I'm out of the loop.
Thanks man

Offline AndrewS

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2019, 11:51:29 am »
Jackson cash is listed as guest!

Offline sleek

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2019, 02:15:06 pm »
But he wasnt before as i recall

Offline Mesophilic

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2019, 04:14:57 pm »
He said he'd send me some shafting material and some leather.  I hope nothing bad befell him, he seemed like a pretty nice guy.
Trying is the first step to failure
-Homer Simpson-

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2019, 11:06:25 pm »
Well, moving is a big bother!  I'm still looking for stuff I packed 20 years ago!  New jobs are a challenge, getting rid of free stuff is a pita and a cash outlay on his part.  None of us are out any money or trade goods.  Patience, Grasshopper!  If it doesn't arrive, maybe he changed his mind, ran out of cash, or was eaten by a troll! >:D!!  No sweat!  On the other hand, I will be disappointed that the deal fell through.  Might even drive me to drink!  Good whisky, of course!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline sleek

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2019, 10:43:20 am »
Well, moving is a big bother!  I'm still looking for stuff I packed 20 years ago!  New jobs are a challenge, getting rid of free stuff is a pita and a cash outlay on his part.  None of us are out any money or trade goods.  Patience, Grasshopper!  If it doesn't arrive, maybe he changed his mind, ran out of cash, or was eaten by a troll! >:D!!  No sweat!  On the other hand, I will be disappointed that the deal fell through.  Might even drive me to drink!  Good whisky, of course!
Hawkdancer

Any excuse is a good excuse to vusit my favorite state.  State of inebriation that is... i even wrote a song about it.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2019, 11:16:35 pm »
I'll drink to that!  Tullamore DEW on the rocks, water back!  Btw, I'm trying to figure out how to post the video of my poem " Paddy Mc Kinney".  Sort of hit a blank getting it from Jacie's phone to posting! >:D
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2019, 05:15:28 am »
Here is a message I got from Jackson Cash on Jan. 18.

"Pat, I can send you both staves - there is a bark inclusion that may prevent a single piece bow form either stave, but both could be billets.

I guess we all got duped.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline sleek

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2019, 06:59:28 am »
So specific a description for a scam though... idk. Seems weird.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2019, 07:07:18 am »
Jason is perfectly normal dude and not a scammer. My guess is moving his young family out of state took precedence over shipping free stuff to you guys. He asked for local pick up and ended up being asked to ship it all overl. Sure, he should have just said no thanks, but I suppose he wanted to try anyway. Nobody lost a penny and nobody lost any goods. You just didn't get your free stuff.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2019, 07:10:51 am »
I was hesitant to jump in but I know him from Marshall. He is extremely nice and thoughtful guy. I'll guarantee you guys he had no bad intentions going into this.

Offline sleek

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2019, 07:28:00 am »
Jason is perfectly normal dude and not a scammer. My guess is moving his young family out of state took precedence over shipping free stuff to you guys. He asked for local pick up and ended up being asked to ship it all overl. Sure, he should have just said no thanks, but I suppose he wanted to try anyway. Nobody lost a penny and nobody lost any goods. You just didn't get your free stuff.

Good to know. Im glad yall know him to speak for him!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2019, 08:18:13 am »
I wouldn't count him out yet either, I wont be surprised if a few items find new homes as the weeks go by.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline AndrewS

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2019, 09:59:08 am »

Sorry, my post was probably misleading. I mean as a nonmember Jackson Cash can not answer here or even not read...