Author Topic: Recent Discussion of finds about the Cliff Dwellers of Central Arizona  (Read 1667 times)

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Recent analysis of more than 25,000 artifacts collected from a little-known cliff dwelling located north of Montezuma Castle National Monument provides a wealth of new information about the Sinagua culture of central Arizona. These materials include well-preserved, bows, arrows, other wooden artifacts, beautifully colored cotton textiles, and plant remains that are in such remarkable condition they look like they were left behind yesterday. Photographs of this rare collection of archaeological materials are included and what they tell us about the people who lived along the Verde River are discussed.

Amazing detail . . . enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdviV58yZOY
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 01:00:32 pm by Knoll »
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Azmdted

Re: Recent Discussion of finds about the Cliff Dwellers of Central Arizona
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 09:12:54 am »
Thanks for sharing this, it is a great presentation. Wonderful information.  I’ve passed the area many times. 

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 11:27:24 am »
Thanks for sharing this with us. Truly amazing stuff.   8)   :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DC

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 11:32:12 am »
Very interesting. The bows and arrows are at about 21 mins.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 02:15:50 pm »
Very interesting Mike. I only got enough time to watch part of it but really neat. I'd love to try plant some of those seeds. I'm amazed that they look that good yet. I can't believe that moisture or animals didn't get them. I also couldn't believe nobody opened that bag for all those years.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise