Author Topic: 22nd Tennessee Classic  (Read 51477 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: 22nd Tennessee Classic
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2019, 01:16:11 pm »
I bought 2 Boston butts on sale totaling about 20# that I plan on slow cooking on the Thursday before the Classic like I did last year. If anyone wants to contribute we'll need hamburger buns, coleslaw and whatever else goes along with pulled pork.
As before, those who help get to be first in line. After they are all satisfied it will be open to whomever for whatever is left.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2019, 01:22:28 pm »
Sounds good Pat, I can do some buns and sauce.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2019, 10:21:13 pm »
Hope it works out JW, love to have you back . Have you heard from John B. ?? Hope he is doing well, haven't seen him around much.
 Pappy

Now that he has a new timing chain installed on his ticker he is doing much better.  He just thought he had extreme buck fever whenever deer showed up (remember how he used to blow it on EVERY shot from treestands, etc?)  Turns out his timing would advance to redline with bad cadence and he'd get all arrhythmic. Now with the new timing chain installed he is a stone cold killer, the artificial rhythm stays steady and regular. Kilt him a deer right off in the season!  Silly fool is talking getting an airplane now, too.

Naw, he ain't dead yet. His wife won't let him.   ;D

Sounds good Pat, I can do some buns and sauce.
 Pappy

Pat wised me up to Johnny Harris BBQ sauce.  Since then I gave up on trying to make the perfect barbecue sauce! 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2019, 05:24:53 am »
Glad to hear he is doing well, tell him he can land his plane in the big field above the cabin.  ;) :) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline missilemaster

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2019, 04:31:24 pm »
Cody, I 'd love to get one of your presses from you. I meant to pick one up at Marshall last year.
I'll be bringing some more!
All men die,  few men ever really live.

Real men love Jesus.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2019, 05:23:39 am »
That's great Cody, I have a couple of the commercial ones, but they aren't near as tough as the ones you make. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cjkopec

• Chasing Heartwood
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2019, 08:49:52 am »
Looks like the entire Kopec Family is coming. John is going to take off work and come with Cahl and I.

John is hoping to finish up the bow he started at the Marshall Rendezvous last year. We have some dogwood logs that we would like to split up too. They will be a year old by then. It will be nice to see if we can make something with. It was sad to see the tree come down. I'm glad I caught it before it was cut into firewood.  I'm hoping to get the extra weight off the bow I made at MoJam and put the cocobolo overlays on it.

Cahl has outgrown his current selfbow. We measured his draw at the Kalamazoo Expo using the "penguin method" and it's reading between 30 and 31. (Editing my statement: Was talking to a guy tonight at league and he measured him at 28. We think maybe his shoulders were rolled forward before when he was measured.) (A) (A) (A)  Can someone please cinch him up? He's growing too fast. Hoping he will work on another bow down there with you all.

Please let me know whatever I need to bring for pot lucks, donations for auctions/raffles, etc.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 06:35:30 pm by cjkopec »
Coby Kopec proud mom of Cahl  and
Founder of Chasing Heartwood

Enjoy the little things in life,
because one day you will look back,
and realize they were big things.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2019, 06:39:28 am »
That great new cjkopec look forward to seeing y'all. As far as pot luck Saturday night, anything will work. Most just bring one of their favorite camp dishes. :) Always a great feed.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2019, 03:13:53 am »
Where is Bear  :-\ count down has started only 62 days until it starts, less for some of us. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2019, 06:08:32 am »
Yeah, where is Bear. He usually runs the countdown each year.   :-\ I hope we can get there without his guidance.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline dylanholderman

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2019, 05:06:46 pm »
Pat I’m down for some more buns and a couple big bags of chips like I brought last year unless there is something more specific you’d like me to get.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2019, 07:13:27 pm »
Sounds good, Dylan. Thanks

Offline cjkopec

• Chasing Heartwood
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2019, 09:09:56 am »
It's coming up quick. We are getting pretty excited about our first outing of the year and our first time coming to the TN Classic. We look forward to seeing some familiar faces and making some more friends. It seems like each time we travel we are recognizing more and more of you all.
Coby Kopec proud mom of Cahl  and
Founder of Chasing Heartwood

Enjoy the little things in life,
because one day you will look back,
and realize they were big things.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2019, 06:10:36 pm »
Coby, you and Cahl will really enjoy the Classic.  (=)  -C-  (--)   :BB  (R  (-S  (W  (SH)  :-K  8)  :OK

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2019, 04:39:59 am »
I feel sure you will enjoy it, it is like a big home coming to me and Miss Joanie, the archery shoot it self is fun but the meeting and greeting is better. :) Seems every year I meet new folks from here and other online sites and they for the most part just what I expected, fine people. ;) :)

Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good