Author Topic: 22nd Tennessee Classic  (Read 51758 times)

Offline Hawkdancer

Re: 22nd Tennessee Classic
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2019, 10:27:53 am »
CJ,
Better to teach the "boys" how to cook for themselves (and you)!  That way you can have more fun!  I started learning when I was 8, messed up more than a few meal s along the way, but got pretty good!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2019, 11:04:28 am »
Believe me, Momma, you'll have fun!   :OK  There will be enough food and generous folks making it throughout the Classic you may not have to cook much anyway.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2019, 05:23:10 am »
Yes Concession is open at 6am Friday till 10, then lunch from 11 till 5pm, Saturday 6am till 3pm, pot luck Saturday night and open Sunday from 6am till it's over. Be here before you know it. Got some sad new yesterday that Matt can't make it, had to much family things going on this year and don't have the time off, :(  funny Work still counts vacation days  ??? any way that being said they will be missed for sure, also if anyone has any bow blanks this would be a good time to bring what you have if you want to get rid of them, sell or trade they will be needed I am sure. Davy is bringing some and I am sure others will also. I may even dig into mine. See yall soon . ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2019, 07:01:37 am »
Hate to hear that.  Always good to hang out with Matt and Heather.  They will be missed.

Offline cjkopec

• Chasing Heartwood
« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2019, 09:16:58 am »
CJ,
Better to teach the "boys" how to cook for themselves (and you)!  That way you can have more fun!  I started learning when I was 8, messed up more than a few meal s along the way, but got pretty good!
Hawkdancer

Hawkdancer he does his own cooking here at home for breakfast and lunch. He will even cook dinner for us once in a while when asked. He needs to learn how to "camp cook" this summer. His Papa bought him a dutch oven for Christmas and he's looking forward to trying some things out here at home before he takes it on the road. ;)  I just like to let him go off with his friends at the events.

Good to know that after Friday I'm off the hook for the most part. AND that Pappy burger sounds excellent!

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the info.
Coby Kopec proud mom of Cahl  and
Founder of Chasing Heartwood

Enjoy the little things in life,
because one day you will look back,
and realize they were big things.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2019, 09:21:16 am »
The campfire is always going and it has a set up for dutch over cooking or you can have a campfire at your tent.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2019, 09:23:31 am »
I'm sad to hear Matt, Heather and Weewicki and Uncle Bob won't be there.  :(  Just won't be the same without them...but we'll suffer through it.  ;)

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2019, 05:33:32 pm »

As much as I love cooking when we are camping, I have a bow to finish up too  :BB Momma wants to have some fun
[/quote]

You folks are gonna enjoy this gal and her family
We love her to death up here and you will to
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline cjkopec

• Chasing Heartwood
« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2019, 08:31:53 am »
Thanks so much Guy!

You have been such a great friend to us along the way. Who knew that the fella who walked up to my campfire 2 years ago at our first shoot would be such a game changer. I can't tell you how grateful I am for that Marshall Rendezvous flyer that you handed me and told me I might want to check it out.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2019, 04:28:06 am »
Only a few more day, I will be out for a while so hope to see some of yall soon, I will be at the cabin from this Friday morning through the 6th of May so if you need me for anything call or text my cell, it is always on.615-456-5961.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2019, 05:49:37 am »
I'll be there a week from today. Can't wait to get there and see everyone.  :OK  Gonna miss some of the regulars though.  :(

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2019, 07:58:11 pm »
4 days for me.  I put a fresh coat of weather sealant on my camper today.  I'm hobbling around on one good leg trying to get everything ready and loaded.  I was stringing a bow last night and the tip slipped off my foot and hit my calf.  Now its swelled up real big and is very painful.  I'm hoping it improves before I head to Pappy's.   
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2019, 04:29:24 am »
Hope so also Clint, I always seem to hurt something just before the Classic  >:( Pat same here but that happens every year, long trip for most and life happens so most can't make it every year, makes it even sweeter when they do show back up. Getting lots of calls from around the country so we should get to meet a lot of new folks which I really enjoy. Set up PA's tent last evening and the big one today, we had planned on not putting it up this year because of the new shed but got to many vendors and the big tent will handle the overflow and make my life a little easier to get them all in a good place. Got folks coming in tomorrow/Friday/Saturday and Sunday so should have a good crowd by the first of the week. After the rain tomorrow it looks like the weather is going to be good as of now, what a hoot it would be to have a Dry Classic  :o ??? ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2019, 05:53:18 am »
Safe travels everyone. Wish I could be there. Have a little extra fun for me.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline cjkopec

• Chasing Heartwood
« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2019, 08:53:13 am »
We should be rolling in mid-afternoon on Saturday. Hoping to be out of here no later than 7 that morning.  Super excited for our first year there.  Finally looked it up on the map and it's only about 50 miles from where I used to live for a brief period in time.

Clint, I hope your leg heals up enough for you to enjoy yourself.