Author Topic: TC buck  (Read 14414 times)

Offline Eric Krewson

Re: TC buck
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2018, 07:22:55 am »
 hunted my place yesterday evening, the couple across the hollow build a campfire about 3:30 or 4:00 every evening, turn up the country music and drink beer until after dark. They were all over their back yard collecting firewood with a 4 wheeler this evening, I didn't expect to see any deer. About 4:30 I heard a deer behind me, I was in one of my ladder stands facing the fence line.

I stood up and turned around, there was a doe on my plot, I couldn't tell if it was a big deer or a juvenile because it was by itself. The neighbors were down in the corner of their backyard across the hollow from me picking up firewood  and I knew if I shot it would rattle their cage. I didn't like the situation so I let the deer walk. I need to hunt my place in the morning when no one is stirring.

A deer blew at me when I was getting down after dark, it was in the hollow I was watching but down closer to the other guys corn feeder.

The moon phase was right for an evening hunt, it was the same time frame for the 8 point I killed. Deer definitely move with the moon phase.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2018, 12:20:28 pm »
You got a bit going on close to you there.Your a better neighbor than they are to you.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2018, 06:48:37 am »
I have always said if the meat supply is looking pretty low I will take whatever measures I need to restock as long as it is legal. I haven't shot a modern gun in at least 20 years, percussion in just about the same time frame. I used both this year because of the limited available land I have to hunt. I topped off the freezer yesterday with a modern gun so it is back to my flintlocks for the rest of the season.

Again my Deer Drag-A-Matic saved the day pulling a large doe out of the bottom of a very steep hollow. 

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2018, 10:59:18 am »
Congrats Eric!!Satisfying to get that freezer full for sure.Nice mention again of your work saver taking deer out.
I usually try to get em drug to a place I can pull them out with my 220 Bayou.It always works out 1 way or another.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed