Author Topic: Bone Arrowheads Anyone Can Make  (Read 111673 times)

Offline Cromm

Re: Bone Arrowheads Anyone Can Make
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2008, 08:56:57 am »
Hi, Blood pudding?? Is that the same as Black pudding? If it is it's made by using the best blood and is quiet good for you...... Yankee sounds like you grew up with my grandparnets in 1875..... >:D ;D Steak and kidney pie is OK,liver and onion not for me,if you've got it eat it, it would be a waste not to. Head cheese?  But it sounds alot  like the war ere thinking to me. But hey judge a country by two people..... ;)
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2008, 03:28:46 pm »
Hi, Blood pudding?? Is that the same as Black pudding? If it is it's made by using the best blood and is quiet good for you...... Yankee sounds like you grew up with my grandparnets in 1875..... >:D ;D Steak and kidney pie is OK,liver and onion not for me,if you've got it eat it, it would be a waste not to. Head cheese?  But it sounds a lot like the war ere thinking to me. But hey judge a country by two people..... ;)

I probably did grow up with them!!!! They say I am as old as Dirt!!! No My Great Grand Parent on my Fathers Side came from Cornwall England....they were a poor people...and they wasted not...so they had some really weird recipes...and I grew up with them ....Dana...Blood Sausage is good....but to have it boiling all day on ones Stove in the House.....not for Me!!! Blood Pudding...is Black Pudding.....and I will pass on this too!!! Even though it is said to be really good for you......Not Me!!!

As for the head Cheese....this is how I remember it....My Great Grandmother....would have a Sheep slaughtered....they would make Blood Sausage from the Blood....process all of the Carcass....take the Head...saw it in pieces...put it in a Big Pot on a Fire Pit in the Back Yard....simmer it all day..all of the Colagen (Hide Glue!!) would boil out of the Brain and Bone....they would scrape all of the cooked meat from the Skull....dice it up into small pieces...mix it with diced potatoes and Onions ...garlic and other spices.... simmer it till the Veggies are cooked but firm....pour it into a Cake Pan and let it cool....then it is served like a Sausage or Sandwich Meat....it is really good...if you don't watch it being made!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2008, 03:34:38 pm »
Yup folks used to eat everything but the mooo, squeel, or baaa.

My mom grew up on a farm she quit eating, tongue, brains, kidneys etc when she moved to town,
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2008, 03:40:32 pm »
Yup folks used to eat everything but the mooo, squeel, or baaa.

My mom grew up on a farm she quit eating, tongue, brains, kidneys etc when she moved to town,

You can boil da Brains fer da Glue...and da Kitneys are guud Fish Bait....but dat Tongue...now ders a Meal fer ya!!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Keenan

« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2008, 08:47:46 am »
 Pat Wrote;   Andrea, They usually always turn to food. A bit of love is a nice change but I'm sure it will get back to food sooner or later. BTW, nice bone arrow head. Looking forward to seeing the finished arrow.    Pat

Called that one right Pat. Seems love and food are always connected ;D     Keenan

Dingleberry

« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2008, 10:38:27 am »
Nice points Andrea.  Did you get any funny looks while you were working from other students walking by? ;D  That would definitely fall under the older post: " you know your obsessed with primitive archer if....".   WEll DONE

Offline Andrea S

« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2008, 05:22:48 pm »
Oh yes, I got lots of funny looks. Mostly from the kids who don't live with me...they all know I'm ...ahhh....eccentric.
Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. -Abe Lincoln

Offline david w.

« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2008, 07:08:52 pm »
lol just start knapping and then yo will get more wierd looks ;D
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline DanaM

« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2008, 09:17:38 pm »
Oh yes, I got lots of funny looks. Mostly from the kids who don't live with me...they all know I'm ...ahhh....eccentric.

Seem perfectly normal to me ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline 1/2primitive

• Bible believing Christian
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2008, 12:18:54 am »
Now you gotta start dressing in buckskins and making fire with a hand drill.  ;D

I just saw this thread, very nice points. I've got some bone that I'm planing on using for an arrowhead, I guess I'll get working.  ;D
    Sean
Dallas/Fort Worth Tx.

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2008, 04:37:52 pm »
 Very nice points.Great build along.I am going to try it with brown bear femur.We don't have many cows on our island,but we sure have the brown bears.  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

gene roberts

« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2008, 12:37:35 am »
You have inspired me to make these points.Thank you   Very Nice points maybe mine will turn out near as good as yours.

Phillip K

« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2008, 03:30:09 am »
Andrea If ya keep making those bones Please Boil the heck out of them,get the grease out and it will kill the Germs that cause illness also Silicosis is real hard to get rid of basically its the same thing as Asbestosis. I use 2 water filter buckets and a chamber filter that goes into a vacume to get most of the airboune stuff.Nice work dear.PK

sakimoto

« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2010, 06:45:36 pm »
All this talk about food is making me hungry! Someone mentioned tripe earlier. I guess they have never tried Menudo. Served with chopped chile serrano, onions, fresh corn tortillas, and a squeeze of lime juice! It is great when you are hung over! 

The information on the bone points is great, and so are the pictures. Thanks!

Sakimoto ;D

Offline riarcher

« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2010, 01:05:27 am »
VERY nice!
I was just thinking about that and came on to find this.

Question;
What's the weight on something like that?
From the Stripercoast of Rhode Island