Author Topic: Free to a good home.  (Read 373 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Free to a good home.
« on: January 10, 2019, 05:38:07 am »
A friend from TradGang sent me these 2 spools of older B-50 bow string material. The green looks like an almost full 1# spool and the blue probably 1/4#. I use B-50 but not necessarily these colors so I thought I'd pass them on to someone that doesn't have any bow string material. If you don't know how to make bow strings this would be a good opportunity to learn. There are plenty of videos that will show you how to. So, if you are interested and don't already have any string making material let me know. If I receive a lot of requests I'll put the names in a hat and draw a winner. I'll give this a few days for any interested party to let me know, either here on Trading Post or in a PM. I'll make the decision on Sunday evening.

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline backwoodsguy

Re: Free to a good home.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 06:02:32 am »
I would be interested. At the present, I've only made strings with hog gut and artifical sinew so this would be a pleasant change. I would also be willing to split the large spool up and offer it to others.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 06:03:59 am »
Cool gesture, Mr Brennan.   
And, for that matter, backwoodsguy.
:OK
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 08:52:59 am »
So far it's looking pretty good for you, Backwoodsguy.
Knoll, A guy from TradGang asked if I wanted them. I told him I had plenty but would find a good home for it so he sent it to me. Just passing it on.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JEB

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 06:50:51 pm »
Good job guys.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2019, 06:41:16 pm »
OK, backwoodsguy, I put your name in a hat, drew it out and it was you, the winner.  :OK
send me your mailing address and I'll get the B-50 out to you soon.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 07:39:11 pm »
Wow! You are lucky, Backwoods!   Try to keep your tension even!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2019, 05:40:25 pm »
Backwoods, I can't send the B-50 without your address.   ::)