Author Topic: Knotty Pacific Yew sapling on tiller tree- please scroll to bottom for update!  (Read 5507 times)

Offline DC

I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's there and you're stuck with it. Knots on the side arent to bad although that one is pretty big. Leave it a little proud for now until you see how much you reduce it while tillering. I doubt if you will reach the bottom of that check. The ones I've had go pretty deep. Sand it smooth and keep check ing the check with your fingernail If you start to feel it add more CA. Keep checking the MC as you rough it out. If it gets above 12% try and put it away for a while.

Offline Thunderlizard

I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's there and you're stuck with it. Knots on the side arent to bad although that one is pretty big. Leave it a little proud for now until you see how much you reduce it while tillering. I doubt if you will reach the bottom of that check. The ones I've had go pretty deep. Sand it smooth and keep check ing the check with your fingernail If you start to feel it add more CA. Keep checking the MC as you rough it out. If it gets above 12% try and put it away for a while.

Thanks DC. Appreciate the input as always!