Author Topic: posting pictures  (Read 3591 times)

Offline DC

Re: posting pictures
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2019, 07:01:36 pm »
The site dumps photos after awhile too. Nothing is forever.

Offline Bayou Ben

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2019, 07:06:17 pm »
I wasn’t aware of that.  Does anyone know how long photos are kept? 
I can’t say I blame them.  Servers aren’t free. 

Offline Weylin

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2019, 07:22:25 pm »
The Bow photography tutorial (pinned at the top of the Bow page) that I did details how to do this. If you read down through the comments someone kindly gave the details on using Imgur (which is now what I use as well). It's really the best way to show off your bows on this site. Posting them directly with the size limit is ok but the pictures are often too small to see the details well.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2019, 09:32:00 pm »
I believe PA has limited storage space.  Whenever you upload a new picture it deletes an older one.  We have lost some great posts because of that.  I know using an image hosting site like imgur is a bit more work but it doesn't use up any of PA's storage space.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2019, 06:30:47 am »
Photo bucket has reinstated free third party use, most of the pictures I lost in threads are back but have the PB watermark in the lower left corner. If you pay them about $4 a month your pictures won't have a watermark.

I have pictures on PB I don't have on my computer, every time I buy a new computer the guys who transfer my data to the new computer seem to overlook a bunch of my picture files.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2019, 06:46:08 am »
I use my phone and Photobucket. For some reason and I hate to even say it, I never lost my abilities to host third party with them. Hope their not
Reading this.lol
I always make a IMG copy and then save it to my phones library. I still have to go to editing and crop my pictures or they still won't post. I like cropping them anyway. I think they look better when I remove the unnecessary parts of the pictures. I just have to remember when I'm taking close ups not to get to close so I can still remove part of the picture. I don't know how to from my computer. I have them saved on goggle photos to. I don't know how to edit or post from there or even  if I can.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline PaSteve

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2019, 07:56:45 am »
Just trying to see if this works. Some of my pics seem to distort at 640 × 480. Thanks Ben
"It seems so much more obvious with bows than with other matters, that we are the guardians of the prize we seek." Dean Torges

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2019, 08:13:44 am »
Steve I don't know if it helps for you, but if I was posting that IMG picture from my phone I would probably edit and crop off the top 25 or 30 percent of it. Then it would post for me and I actually think it would look better. If you understand what I'm saying. Might take a little off the bottom to. It just makes the Bow more the center of attention
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline PaSteve

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2019, 01:26:23 pm »
Thanks BJ. All this photo stuff is new to me so I need all the help I can get.
"It seems so much more obvious with bows than with other matters, that we are the guardians of the prize we seek." Dean Torges