Author Topic: Urac unibond 800 ?  (Read 1653 times)

Offline Selfbowman

Urac unibond 800 ?
« on: January 22, 2019, 08:47:03 pm »
I messed up. Imagine that.mixed urac 1teaspoon hardener to 10 teaspoons resin. Seems to be getting hard but taking longer to set. Any body else done such with success.  Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline Bayou Ben

Re: Urac unibond 800 ?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 09:05:41 pm »
I use uni bond 800 a good bit.  Never did that though. I measure by weight.

Are you curing it with a hot box?  It helps and maybe it will cure at a higher temp. 

Offline Badger

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 10:23:09 pm »
I messed up. Imagine that.mixed urac 1teaspoon hardener to 10 teaspoons resin. Seems to be getting hard but taking longer to set. Any body else done such with success.  Arvin

If it doesn't set up in 24 hours I would redo it. Some resins are stronger when set slower, not sure about urac.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 06:17:45 am »
I never weight the stuff, just mix it until it looks to be the right consistency.

Back when urac was bing made a friend called the company that made it to ask about ratios. The tec rep said any ratio was ok and it would harden and be just as strong.

Offline Bayou Ben

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 06:55:02 am »
I never weight the stuff, just mix it until it looks to be the right consistency.

Back when urac was bing made a friend called the company that made it to ask about ratios. The tec rep said any ratio was ok and it would harden and be just as strong.

It seems to be a forgiving glue in general.  I have exceeded their open times on many occasions and have never had curing issues. 

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 09:00:19 am »
Thanks guys. It has cured for 2 days. I kept the bows in the house during cure. The left over in the cup got hard as a rock. The cup was left out in bow shop and the temp was below the 70 degrees the factory recommended. You can still get it thru Nelson paint company. I will try the bows after I finish and let you know how it went.  Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!