Author Topic: Favorite Fly Pattern  (Read 4500 times)

Offline jeffhalfrack

Re: Favorite Fly Pattern
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2019, 06:07:34 pm »
I've gone to the dark side,,,,,I've been fishing "Tankara" super easy pattern just killing fish  also foam bugs lots of fun ,,,don't need very fancy tying equipment just a blast ,,,been finding Tenkara rods very reasonable(I'm super cheap) great for the small streams .jeffw

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2019, 08:46:23 pm »
Rob,  that worm will work for an ol catfish one in a while to.  Especially if you soaked a couple of then in some kind of fishing liquid bait.

That pattern does work better with some current.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2019, 06:56:01 pm »
Patrick my 9 year old wants to start tying flies & he loves to fish. This would be a good one for him to try.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2019, 08:57:11 am »
Woolly bugger is by far the easiest to tie up and will catch fish, in most situations.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2019, 06:43:53 pm »
Chris what size hook do you use for the woolly bugger?

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2019, 05:19:57 am »
Depends on the fish you're after. Size 2 up to 10 will cover almost anything in PA.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2019, 09:03:39 am »
A wooly booger is another one of those versatile flies. You can fish them several different ways and make them just about any size you want.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2019, 12:51:54 pm »
My favorite would be the muddler minnow. Can change the size from small for bluegill to several inches long for bass and pike. Leave them light and headed and they’ll float. Changing the shape of the head a bit will change if they dive, pop, or just ripple. Or you can go less dense on the deer hair head and add some lead to make them sink. It’s a very universal pattern.

For bluegill and mid to late summer trout I like deer hair beetles. One of the easiest things to tie and fish when they are hitting the top.

Kyle