Author Topic: Good Grief !  (Read 3704 times)

Offline chamookman

Good Grief !
« on: January 31, 2019, 01:13:19 am »
-12 Degrees here in Mid-Michigan this Morning and they are calling for 46 Degrees and rain on Sunday  (A) ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Good Grief !
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 04:26:54 am »
Don't forget the pleasant brisk wind we're getting along with it Bob. The ice shelves are getting pretty tall on the big lake. At least they we're yesterday. Could all be blown out now not sure.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 04:33:32 am »
Not sure if you can see em, but if you look between trees out on lake you might be able to see the ice shelves.
Bjrogg
PS they look a lot more impressive in real life.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 04:34:49 am »
Crazy stuff indeed, Bobert. Makes me VERY thankful to have a garage for the truck.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 04:43:20 am »
It's been pretty cold here lately.  It hasn't changed my choice of clothing yet.   This weekend is supposed to be in the 50's and 60's.

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 05:31:25 am »
Ya cold here also, not that cold but in single digit and wind chill below zero, pretty cold for us TN. boys, I don't even wear shorts in the summer Pearl, sure don't now.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline ksnow

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2019, 05:40:44 am »
Monday was 15 and 15 inches of snow. Minus 24 yesterday with 40mph winds, minus 27 today with barely a breeze. Monday is supposed to be 40's and rain. Everything is a chore when it's this cold outside.

Kyle

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2019, 05:47:21 am »
Clint I was just telling my wife. I bet there's still some crazy kids still wearing shorts. Pappy from the color or lack there of Pearls legs I'm thinking he's not big into shorts either. Mine are all tucked away in there drawer. My wife still wears hers around the house. She's always hot. Thermostat set at a cool 65. I'm bundled up in layers. Really ready for the wind to lay down.
Bjrogg
Kyle you got that right. I'm so glad I don't have cattle to care for anymore. They can handle the cold better than the heat, but it sure makes a lot of work cleaning pens, snow and frozen water fountains.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2019, 06:11:41 am »
I don't even wear shorts in the summer Pearl, sure don't now.  ;) :)
 Pappy

Those aren't my sexy legs, pappy. Those are Clints skinny legs!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2019, 06:12:48 am »
It was 40 below a couple nights ago and now it's supposed to rain Monday
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2019, 07:10:59 am »
I don't even wear shorts in the summer Pearl, sure don't now.  ;) :)
 Pappy

Those aren't my sexy legs, pappy. Those are Clints skinny legs!

My legs will never be skinny  ;D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2019, 01:57:17 pm »
O, miss a thread Pearl but same goes to Clint. ;) :) anyway warming here today, up to almost 30, 45 tomorrow and mid 60's Sat. and Sunday. wow what a ride. Wow Marc, 40 below, now that is Chilly, the coldest we have every had here at least since I have been around was 17 below with wind chill at 37 below and that lasted from the week before Christmas until first of year never got above Zero for a high, in 1981 I think, they were talking about global cooling back then.  ;) Then went to Global Warming then to climate change.  ???
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2019, 02:54:40 pm »
O, miss a thread Pearl but same goes to Clint. ;) :) anyway warming here today, up to almost 30, 45 tomorrow and mid 60's Sat. and Sunday. wow what a ride. Wow Marc, 40 below, now that is Chilly, the coldest we have every had here at least since I have been around was 17 below with wind chill at 37 below and that lasted from the week before Christmas until first of year never got above Zero for a high, in 1981 I think, they were talking about global cooling back then.  ;) Then went to Global Warming then to climate change.  ???
 Pappy

"Climate is what we expect but Weather is what we get."
 ;)

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2019, 03:17:38 pm »
When it warmed up to 15 degrees today I went for a 2 mile hike  :o

Offline chamookman

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2019, 01:06:34 am »
had about 7 different layers on when I went out to start My Pick-Up yesterday morn. Was -17 below with 20 mph winds - it was BRISK BJ  (S) ! Now they are saying almost 60 on Sunday and rain  (A).
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.