Author Topic: Need a little help plz..  (Read 3921 times)

Offline akila

Need a little help plz..
« on: April 20, 2008, 02:17:35 pm »
Hi guys...i wanna make my self a Hip Quiver....i dont think that this is the right place to put this question, im sorry aoute that....but im wondering.. do you have some plans for a hip quiver plz??? i know how it should look...but i wass thinking that maybe someone have some plans...dimension to make it right....thks a lot...

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Need a little help plz..
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 02:27:41 pm »
Chris, There are a few different kinds of hip quivers. Do you have a pic of the type you are referring to.   When I want to make a quiver, knife sheath, etc, I first make a cardboard(poster board) pattern and adjust it by removing material or adding material until it works out the way I want.
   Give us a better idea of what you are looking to make and someone has probably made one and can give more details about how it was made and the dimensions. ;)  Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline akila

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 02:56:21 pm »
Here a link with what i woud like to do....from that list i like those Hip quivers....this is what i want to do...the design its pretty simple...but some dimension would help...
http://www.hidehandler.com/side_quivers.htm

Offline carpenter374

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 06:24:45 pm »
try cutting a 3 to 4 inch circle for the bottom then take 3.14 times the radius squared of the bottom peice. add a half inch or so for stiching. you can add more to the top side to give it a lil taper if you want.
"Those who would sacrifice their freedom for safety will find that they will inherit neither." -Ben Franklin     

--Carpenter