Author Topic: Joinery  (Read 5132 times)

Offline Bayou Ben

Re: Joinery
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2019, 06:57:02 am »

[/quote]

I agree with Pat after a few they become intuitive Don I dont know on the 15 PSI you could lay the hose on the riser stack and wrap it with mule tape tape or you could make a backing peace mirror image of your riser and go with what ever presuere you want only one way to find out 😃
If your only going to 15psi dont invest in a fire hose you could just seal up a intertube cheap those lams look thicker then venere from the pic at 15 psi you might be able to wrap it with para cord ! Could make your whole clamping system for $5 👍🏻

[/quote]

Hmmm....para chord, a couple bike intertubes, and a hand pump.....now my wheels are rolling....I'm going to test this out. 

Offline PatM

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2019, 07:11:52 am »
Inner tube has no strength integrity when not supported by a tire.  It will just balloon all over the place, even a  few PSI.

Offline Bayou Ben

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2019, 07:25:01 am »
Inner tube has no strength integrity when not supported by a tire.  It will just balloon all over the place, even a  few PSI.

I was thinking that too.  But I have some ideas that may contain it. 

Offline Stick Bender

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2019, 07:44:14 am »
Just wrap it completly so the tube has no where to go like a cacoon ,Im just not sure about using only 15 psi the lowest presure even for the low presure guys is 40 psi is the minimum !
If you fear failure you will never Try !

Offline Stick Bender

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2019, 07:46:30 am »
Heck if your only going 15 psi try duct tape or gorilla tape  :P

Offline Bayou Ben

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2019, 07:48:50 am »
Most bike tires go higher than 30 psi.  You can get that with a hand pump. 

Offline PatM

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2019, 07:51:33 am »
Sure it's easy to make up some sort of containment system, I was just cautioning against thinking the tube alone would hold any sort of shape by itself.

You can go well over 100 psi with a simple bike pump.

Offline Stick Bender

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2019, 08:24:08 am »
You could easely make a ruff short form of the riser area tracing the back of your bow similar to the pic nothing to fancy put rubber striping to take up any inperfections in the natural material on the form put your hose on top of the overlay & lace it down with mule tape or para cord if you wanted a legit fire hose and air valve probably $25 for the set up ,you could make the form maybe 1 hour and you could go to a proper presure with no worries ! If you want to stoop to it Ben  >:D

Offline Badger

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2019, 08:37:44 am »
   Years ago I used to build a flat block out of plaster paris around the area I was going to splice. I would then tape my pattern to the plaster paris and cut right through it with my bandsaw, I have also done it with a big gob of flour dough but it takes a long time to dry. With the flour dough I just let it dry then sand it flat before putting on my pattern.