Author Topic: Bows at Bone Creek  (Read 3206 times)

Offline BrianS

Bows at Bone Creek
« on: February 23, 2019, 06:14:58 pm »
Here is a link to a short video from a Selfbow Get together I attended today. You may recognize some of the guys in the video. Had a real good time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE4LUgZQLnA
Take care,
brian

Offline Outbackbob48

Re: Bows at Bone Creek
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 07:09:30 pm »
Brian, looks like a great time, and I recognize about half them guys, Where was this held? Bob

Offline BrianS

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 07:51:36 pm »
Bob,
It was at a Friend's property. Real nice location for a Shoot. We ate back at his Sugar Shack.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 06:23:02 am »
Very enjoyable video Brian. Looks like a beautiful location for a shoot and loads of fun.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 07:30:04 am »
That was very cool. It would require a 250 mile radius around me to gather that many primitive folks in one place. Looks like Dino has a nice spread to enjoy that kind of activity.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline BrianS

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 11:49:39 am »
I am blessed to have several friends locally (some of which were at the Shoot and some who were not) who share a interest in Primitive skills and Archery. All have different skills they are good at.  Interestingly almost all of them were encouraged and influenced by the same person 30 plus years ago. Before the Internet and the ease of gathering information, One Man (Richard Zawacki) generously took the time to teach what he learned to others and now those guys are influencing new guys. Dick has passed on but his legacy lives on. Help somebody out, You never know what it may lead to.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 12:58:00 pm »
Brian I had to watch it again. Enjoyed it even more the second time. I've had a few of those people in my life to. Not necessarily in the Primitive skills department, but really people that have influenced me that I'll never forget. It's My Turn
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2019, 04:21:58 pm »
Very cool Brian, Looks like my kind of fun, thanks for sharing and I did recognize a couple of folks. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline JEB

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2019, 05:23:42 am »
Looked like a good time was had. Thanks for posting the video.

Offline dinorocks

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2019, 02:37:21 pm »
Awesome to be able to have such great company in my little corner of the woods!  We spoke about this being an annual event...I like the way semi-annual sounds better!  Winter and summer!!  I’ll keep you posted!

Dino
"Speedy arrow, sharp and narrow"  GD

Offline BrianS

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2019, 05:00:54 pm »
Took this picture of a huge hollow oak tree that overlooks Bone creek. A little spooky sitting inside it but I could not resist.

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2019, 06:08:46 pm »
Brian, ya need to measure that one for county or state record tree or maybe in the top ten ?  Bob

Offline BrianS

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2019, 05:58:45 am »
Bob,
I would guess it has been there for over 200 years (maybe longer). Can you imagine a time when trees that large were common? This picture might be of interest to you. It is not at Bone Creek, it is a trail marker tree that is still alive in my woods on Poverty Hill. I think it is pretty old.
Take care,
brian

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2019, 07:34:11 am »
Went to a little demo on measuring trees." Big Trees of Crawford Co". They measured the circumference at 4 1/2 ' then they measure height and size of crown an give so numbers for each, and then award large tree for county and state, pretty interesting and your trail marker is very unique and I bet pretty old, A lot of these old giants are found in cemetery's or small towns. Bob

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2019, 03:17:23 pm »
Love that picture,thanks I have a large Cotton wood about tree about that size that I have got in to get out of the rain when I was a kid 50+ years ago, sets right on the side of one of our trails ,don't know how old it is but it was huge when I was a kid. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good