Author Topic: Five Valleys Archery Club - Montana 3D shoot  (Read 4993 times)

Offline NorthHeart

Five Valleys Archery Club - Montana 3D shoot
« on: June 16, 2019, 09:49:42 pm »
Come along on today’s 3D shoot with me. It was a great course with a great turn out. 95% compound with a few Trad guys here and there. I did the course solo using my 50# primitive bow “teal and gold”. Most targets were 10-15 yd, and some were 20-30yd.  I shot 75 targets(there were 100 total) I and did better than I expected. Also I shot every target holding 3 arrows in the bow hand. This 5 curve shape lends itself well to that and my confidence went through the roof with this bow and hand held arrow configuration. The best part was when I shot with a group of guys with very high end compounds bows and I was the only one to shoot the bulls eye. They couldn’t believe it and wanted to check out my self made bows and arrows. I didnt brag but called it luck, which might be true. If only I can do this again when it’s the real deal. Regardless, one of the finest shoots I’ve been to.  If anyone is in Montana next year on father day in the Missoula area come and join me. (-S

Offline NorthHeart

Re: Five Valleys Archery Club - Montana 3D shoot
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 09:50:33 pm »
more pics...

Offline NorthHeart

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 09:51:30 pm »
more pics...

Offline NorthHeart

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 09:52:17 pm »
more pics...

Offline NorthHeart

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 09:53:11 pm »
last pics...

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 01:33:23 am »
Mighty fine bow to shoot a jackalope  :OK :OK :OK

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2019, 03:13:42 am »
Looks like a good time. Nice shooting. Always great to gain a little more confidence.
Happy Hunting I'm sure you'll do fine.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Woodely

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2019, 03:35:24 pm »
Wow  that's some really fine shooting there.  I have been shooting for over 7 years and still crappy.  Way to show up those Wheelie boys. :)
"Doing bad work is an exercise in futility, but honestly making mistakes is trying your best."

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2019, 09:47:10 pm »
Nice shooting!  Got a friend down in Butte, and Little Fiddle Woman wants to go to the sapphire mine again, so we may be up that way in the future, but I think she wants to go to So. California next year in June.  Also got to get the tax man out of our pocket!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline NorthHeart

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2019, 08:20:06 am »
Thanks guys! I'd love to find more primitive shooters to shoot with.  Hawkdancer whereabouts are you from?

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2019, 10:20:20 am »
We are in Loveland, CO. It is about a 2 day drive to Missoula, at my age.  That 100 mile coffee/tea doesn't fit in a 50 mile bladder!  Hardly ever see a rest area or pit top I didn't like >:D!  I am usually able to push about 500 miles max per day!
Hawkdancer
Jerry

Offline NorthHeart

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2019, 10:27:41 pm »
We are in Loveland, CO. It is about a 2 day drive to Missoula, at my age.  That 100 mile coffee/tea doesn't fit in a 50 mile bladder!  Hardly ever see a rest area or pit top I didn't like >:D!  I am usually able to push about 500 miles max per day!
Hawkdancer

Looks like a 13hr drive.  I know what you mean though, that's 2 days drive nice and relaxed like.  Do you have any shoots in your area?  Or at least a decent back yard lol.  I might have to stop by and say hello the next time i make my way down to TX:)

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2019, 10:17:01 am »
That would be cool!  We are only about 6 miles off I-25, with a nice exit(currently under reconstruction)! Got room on the couch downstairs!  No extra charge for dogs in the bed >:D (lol)! Our local Big Thompson Bowhunters club is having a 3D shoot 3Aug, but we are scheduled to take a mini vacation to Lake McConnaghy in Nebraska.  There is not any camping at the range, though.
Hawkdancer
Jerry

Offline NorthHeart

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2019, 09:03:47 am »
Hawk- what a generous offer :D  I am doing a mounted archery competition Aug 3rd.  Sounds like you'll be enjoying time at the lake in Nebraska anyhow.  But the next time i travel through Colorado ill get in contact with you on here.  I still haven't met up with very many primitive archers in person.  We even have a 4 day Montana selfbow jam this week, and im scheduled to work every single day. Shucks.