Author Topic: Mojam 2019 dates  (Read 59502 times)

Offline sleek

Re: Mojam 2019 dates
« Reply #120 on: July 08, 2019, 09:29:48 am »
Sleek,
I'll have mine along, it's the primitive type, though.  Will probably load the chronograph, too.  I have some arrows to straighten, and some staves to rough out, and split or saw.
Hawkdancer

I have a bunch of bamboo tomato stakes I'm going to turn into arrows. I'm gonna need to spine test them to get a rough idea on what Im dealing with. Where are going to be camping Hawk?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #121 on: July 08, 2019, 03:13:12 pm »
Hopefully, near the top of the hill where I was last year!  Look for the pyramid tent and easy up shade!
With some luck, I will be in Wed. afternoon around 4 or 5.  I'm bringing some red osier shafts that I'm working and some cane and POC among other projects, staves, etc and some of Jacie's jewelry for sale
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #122 on: July 08, 2019, 04:59:03 pm »
I think I'm going to try to work on some arrows this year to. But I want to try and get my bow made. Got a ring chased on a beautiful Osage stave. Probably going to wear out a belt sander, excuse me, a power rasp! So ready, can't focus at work!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline sleek

« Reply #123 on: July 08, 2019, 05:56:04 pm »
I think I'm going to try to work on some arrows this year to. But I want to try and get my bow made. Got a ring chased on a beautiful Osage stave. Probably going to wear out a belt sander, excuse me, a power rasp! So ready, can't focus at work!

Patrick

Well, I'm bringing mine, I dont know if Eric is bringing his or not, but you should have options!

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #124 on: July 09, 2019, 08:53:31 am »
Sounds good bub!

Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

« Reply #125 on: July 09, 2019, 02:42:08 pm »
I can throw along my spine tester and chroni as well. Backups never hurt. I won’t be able to stay the entire week. I couldn’t get off work. But the benefit of a 2 on 2 off schedule. I’ll leave Wednesday night to work on Thursday and Friday then be back on Friday night. So I’ll get down there Monday night and stay till Wednesday about noon. Then be back for the weekend. I’ll probably leave the hammock up while I’m gone to come back to.
 I’m not positive what I’ll work on yet. Though another Osage Mikmak (probably not spelled right) bow. I think I’ve got it figured out and can get it shooting in a couple days.
I did get those heavy black locust arrows going and wow they shoot well out of that heavy drawing Osage ELB.

Kyle

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #126 on: July 09, 2019, 03:18:31 pm »
glad to hear that you are going to be there Kyle... it wouldn't be the same without you!   :OK
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #127 on: July 09, 2019, 03:42:00 pm »
Awesome Kyle. I'm packing now and will be there Friday night! I can not wait to leave. This is my tenth in a row! I'll be solo until Sunday night when my pops drops off my kids so I dont have to leave.  Hopefully I can get some things done!
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline sleek

« Reply #128 on: July 09, 2019, 04:19:19 pm »
I'm planning on being there Sat.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #129 on: July 09, 2019, 05:23:28 pm »
Kyle, I'm glad to hear that you are going to be there as well! I can't wait to see what you have come up with to make this year.

Dave, I know you would probably take up residence at your little corner there at mojam if they would let you. Save us a spot down there, Eric, Crystal and I will be coming in Monday morning!

I pick up my truck tomorrow from the shop, got the rear end rebuilt. Then two more days of work then I will be on MOJAM time!

Patrick

Offline sleek

« Reply #130 on: July 09, 2019, 07:20:21 pm »
Kyle, I'm glad to hear that you are going to be there as well! I can't wait to see what you have come up with to make this year.

Dave, I know you would probably take up residence at your little corner there at mojam if they would let you. Save us a spot down there, Eric, Crystal and I will be coming in Monday morning!

I pick up my truck tomorrow from the shop, got the rear end rebuilt. Then two more days of work then I will be on MOJAM time!

Patrick

I'm bringing my sons puppy with us  so I may need to pop a squat by a power pole this year to run the ac for her.

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #131 on: July 09, 2019, 07:27:06 pm »
You know I will pat. Kevin and I will be hard at bowmaking by the time you get there! I am looking all over for my fish fryer, I think I left it at Eric's again. Hopefully it will turn up. I had to leave pretty quick last year. I've got one more say of packing on Thursday the Friday it's the bank then the road! Tomorrow I make the pie!
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline sleek

« Reply #132 on: July 09, 2019, 07:35:42 pm »
You know I will pat. Kevin and I will be hard at bowmaking by the time you get there! I am looking all over for my fish fryer, I think I left it at Eric's again. Hopefully it will turn up. I had to leave pretty quick last year. I've got one more say of packing on Thursday the Friday it's the bank then the road! Tomorrow I make the pie!

Do we have a hot plate this year for a boiler? If not, I have a 20 lb. propane I can bring but no burner...

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #133 on: July 09, 2019, 10:13:29 pm »
I can fire up both burner on the camp stove if worse comes to worse!  That just means nobody eats until I get there -C- >:D (=)!  On the way one week from tonight!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #134 on: July 10, 2019, 03:57:45 am »
I'm glad o dont ha e to wait a full week before I can leave!

I got a new hot plate that I will have ready to go down at the pavilion along with some extension cords so we can get the boiling water away from all the people.