Author Topic: Mojam 2019 dates  (Read 59506 times)

Offline sleek

Re: Mojam 2019 dates
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2019, 03:18:24 pm »
Kevin, I havent thought about it because I'm so hard on my boats. I'm bringing my kayak again if you want to go, I'll go.

If I can get there, I'm bringing mine. Yes I want to go! So glad I was able to last year. It really got my son into it also. Very grateful for that.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2019, 08:34:11 am »
Can't wait, I won't be able to make it till Thursday this year.
And yes, we will be making the flight shoot happen again this year, so bring your best bow and a handful of arrows too if you can.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2019, 11:25:53 am »
Got a more than slight change of travel plans!  I accepted a part time position as an Archery Instructor with the Longmont Recreation Dept and the first class will meet straddling my intended arrival date of Tuesday.  I will try to get on the road early Wednesday to get there in time for the fish fry Thursday!
The class is an introductory level for youth, 10 - 17, using recurve bows, so no wheelies!  Wow!  I'm a pro, now (SH) :NN!  I'll have to load about 90% of my gear before class on Tuesday!  And have the little woman get me up early Wednesday.  Save me a spot on the hill by the power pole!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline JonW

« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2019, 01:11:45 pm »
Hawk ya better be there wednesday if ya want in on the fish fry  ;D

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2019, 08:47:10 pm »
There might not be any highway left if I get there that fast!  It's a very hard 14 hour drive!  Guess I'll have to do a left over check when I get there -C-!  I'd have to set up camp in the dark, and that ain't fun anymore!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2019, 12:07:58 pm »
Thise old guys have trouble with their days jon, you know how you retired guys can get. Lol
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline gifford

« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2019, 12:25:00 pm »
Yep, that's true enough. Another way to keep track of the days; As the summer solstice has passed, MoJAM festivities (for some of us) will be commencing concurrently with the next Full Moon. Just watch the moon, better than trying to remember what day it is....

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2019, 01:20:08 pm »
There might not be any highway left if I get there that fast!  It's a very hard 14 hour drive!  Guess I'll have to do a left over check when I get there -C-!  I'd have to set up camp in the dark, and that ain't fun anymore!
Hawkdancer

I'll try to save some leftovers for ya Jerry.  :D
I'll leave a light on for ya too.  :OK

Offline JonW

« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2019, 05:18:29 pm »
Dave when you are retired it don't matter what day it is  ;D

Offline sleek

« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2019, 07:00:43 am »
Whelp, I'm gonna have to pull out. My job just signed me up for 3 freaking weeks of training for something that used to take two days if training. It ends on July 15th. Only way I can get there is if I fly....

Ugghhfff... this sucks.

Offline cjkopec

• Chasing Heartwood
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2019, 07:56:24 am »
I got the vacation approved today!  Is the 12th to soon to show up?

We should be rolling in on the 13th ;)

John may be with Cahl and I this year. He's sort of elusive like that. Had to laugh when we were at the TN Classic. Someone came up to me and said they met him that morning and the words "he really does exist" crossed their lips. LOL I wouldn't lie to you all. Although, if it's hot (I'm laughing while saying that), you'll have to visit him n the trail with the air one while he's eating ice cream. He's not a fan of the heat.

Oh! I need to get my hands on some back sinew to fix the bow John was working on. He was told that would remedy his issue. If any of you all have any I'd gladly settle up with you for it.

3 WEEKS for this early bird!
Coby Kopec proud mom of Cahl  and
Founder of Chasing Heartwood

Enjoy the little things in life,
because one day you will look back,
and realize they were big things.

Offline cjkopec

• Chasing Heartwood
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2019, 07:57:30 am »
Whelp, I'm gonna have to pull out. My job just signed me up for 3 freaking weeks of training for something that used to take two days if training. It ends on July 15th. Only way I can get there is if I fly....

Ugghhfff... this sucks.

NO! Paisley was looking forward to meeting you.
Coby Kopec proud mom of Cahl  and
Founder of Chasing Heartwood

Enjoy the little things in life,
because one day you will look back,
and realize they were big things.

Offline sleek

« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2019, 08:25:46 am »

Ugghhfff... this sucks.

NO! Paisley was looking forward to meeting you.

I'm border line gonna throw a tempertanrum. A phenomenal stave was gifted to me that I'm supposed to pick up there, a bow I made last year that cracked was sinew backed by a friend, and he was waiting for me to tiller it because I wanted to be there for it. It's going to be an amazing bow. Then there's the flight shoot, and I was gonna go kayaking with the skin on frame I just got finished building... ( taking it out in a few hours for the maiden trip soon as the paint dries )...and I was gonna bring shark dip for the camp, not to mention old friends and new ones....

I'm so frustrated could punch a hornet's nest!

Offline little bear

« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2019, 09:53:51 am »
I got the vacation approved today!  Is the 12th to soon to show up?

I guess if the parks not open you could hitch up outside our house, since the dogs would not let you in.

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2019, 08:58:07 am »
I'll probably be there around noon on Saturday and I wont know how many of my kids will be there that early but hopefully at least two. They seem to be wanting to come out later in the week  this year. Lol why would anyone want to do that?
Kevin I sure hope you tell work how you really feel! If you cant make it who is gonna watch over the pavillion between 11pm and 6 am?

Nineteen days until mojam!..hopefully
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley