Author Topic: Mojam 2019 dates  (Read 59405 times)

Offline Hawkdancer

Re: Mojam 2019 dates
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2019, 11:33:29 am »
Sleek, that is a major bummer!  Sometimes, modern technology isn't so great!  I hope the training is really good!  Hate it when it turns out to be superfilous bs!
Paul, I scored a bottle of the good Denver whiskey, but Jacie is looking at it real hard!  I'll have to placate her with a sample!  Looking forward to seeing every one!
CJ,  every now and then it is only hot and muggy instead of REALLY HOT AND MUGGY!
Time to get the load list worked up and stuff ready to pack! 
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline cjkopec

• Chasing Heartwood
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2019, 11:51:55 am »
I'll probably be there around noon on Saturday and I wont know how many of my kids will be there that early but hopefully at least two. They seem to be wanting to come out later in the week  this year. Lol why would anyone want to do that?

We should there later in the afternoon on Saturday with Cahl.
Coby Kopec proud mom of Cahl  and
Founder of Chasing Heartwood

Enjoy the little things in life,
because one day you will look back,
and realize they were big things.

Offline Patches

« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2019, 02:09:14 pm »
Dave and Kevin, as long as the river stays up, you guys will have  all kinds of new places to take kayaks! The levees have broke all over in the bottom so there is still water everywhere.

Maybe we can get a Mojam Carp and Gar Shoot in early in the week. Just a thought.....

20 days til I get there.

Neal
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline JonW

« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2019, 05:02:56 pm »
Sounds like Mojam is soon to become a two week event lol. I'll be there sunday most likely. Might give Dave a call and see what's happening on saturday. Heck who knows....

Offline sleek

« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2019, 06:04:11 pm »
A 2 week event would be perfect for everything there is to do there.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2019, 08:22:15 pm »
I got the vacation approved today!  Is the 12th to soon to show up?

We should be rolling in on the 13th ;)

John may be with Cahl and I this year. He's sort of elusive like that. Had to laugh when we were at the TN Classic. Someone came up to me and said they met him that morning and the words "he really does exist" crossed their lips. LOL I wouldn't lie to you all. Although, if it's hot (I'm laughing while saying that), you'll have to visit him n the trail with the air one while he's eating ice cream. He's not a fan of the heat.

Oh! I need to get my hands on some back sinew to fix the bow John was working on. He was told that would remedy his issue. If any of you all have any I'd gladly settle up with you for it.

3 WEEKS for this early bird!

I've got you covered on the sinew if you still need it Coby

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2019, 09:12:58 pm »
Dave and Kevin, as long as the river stays up, you guys will have  all kinds of new places to take kayaks! The levees have broke all over in the bottom so there is still water everywhere.

Maybe we can get a Mojam Carp and Gar Shoot in early in the week. Just a thought.....

20 days til I get there.

Neal

I was just thinking about calling you and asking if you would want to do a little bow fishing early in the week. I've been trying to collect some gear for that. I've got the bows just need the rest of the stuff. I'm down for some carp shooting!

I plan on being there on Sunday. Dave, save me some room for a big tent this year. As of right now I won't be in a camper this year. May have to stick a window unit in the door! Wouldn't be the first time!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline cjkopec

• Chasing Heartwood
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2019, 06:25:23 am »
Thanks Aaron!
Coby Kopec proud mom of Cahl  and
Founder of Chasing Heartwood

Enjoy the little things in life,
because one day you will look back,
and realize they were big things.

Offline sleek

« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2019, 06:52:21 am »

20 days til I get there.

Neal

I was just thinking about calling you and asking if you would want to do a little bow fishing early in the week. I've been trying to collect some gear for that. I've got the bows just need the rest of the stuff. I'm down for some carp shooting!

I plan on being there on Sunday. Dave, save me some room for a big tent this year. As of right now I won't be in a camper this year. May have to stick a window unit in the door! Wouldn't be the first time!

Patrick

Good to know the old tent will get some use! Bow fishing sounds fun... I hope yall get a mess of them :)
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline just robin

« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2019, 12:46:59 pm »
If you need a shirt comment size and quantity. If you put it on the facebook page you won't need to do it here.

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2019, 01:48:35 pm »
Arvin (Selfbowman) will not be able be able to join us this year, but he has kindly offered a donation to everyone.  He has built what he calls a target/hunting bow set with a beautiful case and arrows, I believe it is 51# @ 28"   He has asked that I post these pictures for him.
He also wants everyone who participates in the flight shoot to have an opportunity to shoot one arrow to see who can get the best distance.  We will put everyones name in a hat to see which order they will shoot.

He wants everyone here on PA to decide how it should be given away, either to the person with the best distance, or to be auctioned off with the proceeds going to the club.  So post whichever way you think.

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2019, 01:50:30 pm »
I think Arvin likes the idea of having everyone participating in the Flight Shoot, shoot one arrow from his bow and then sign the case...then we will sell the set in the auction.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 02:04:09 pm by Bob Barnes »
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2019, 01:52:11 pm »
Personally, I think it should be auctioned off

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2019, 01:54:00 pm »
That's what we'll do then... it should be the top item Saturday night.   :OK
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2019, 03:24:23 pm »
Yep it's 51@28 , 68"  ntn , five target arrrows , two extra broadheads, one broadhead flight arrow.
Bow is 1-1/2 at fades 1-1/4 mid limb 5/16 tips. Holding 1-1/4 reflex right now. But I think it's going to take some more set once shot  a bit more. I can't shoot it right now. May try one broadhead shot tomorrow if I can get it back. Stinking pinched nerve. Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!