Author Topic: Mojam 2019 dates  (Read 58533 times)

Offline Carle1953

Re: Mojam 2019 dates
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2019, 06:53:22 am »
Carol and I are coming on Tuesday.  We are bringing two grandsons this year.  Hopefully it will dry out by then.  Mojam is the family you want to see.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2019, 08:47:44 am »
PauN,
Hope you guys came through those storms ok!  What we saw on the news looked pretty bad in Lawrence!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2019, 07:55:10 pm »
Hi Jerry,
Been away but got back today. That tornado went 1/2 mile from my kid's apt. in SE Lawrence. "Fortunately" I was in town with them and we rode it out OK.
Closer than I've ever been and would ever want to be again...

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2019, 10:28:42 pm »
Being that close would make a drinking man out of a teetotaler!  I lived just south of the Hill and then out in Eudora while I was in that area.  Left there in '70.  Actually got lost last summer trying to find my way around campus!  Oh, well.  Trying to keep an eye out for some of that good Denver whiskey on sale, as well as a bit of Tullamore DEW for MoJam   I hope to get the MoJam Ale started this week!
Jerry(Hawkdancer)
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2019, 06:26:09 pm »
I'm going to start prepping for mojam. I just started a new job and I'm wondering what the new boss is going to say about a weeks vacation so soon, but I guess I can always find another job, mojam comes once a year.

Glad to hear you made it safe through the storms. We had a twister less than a mile from the house too. We went to the basement and almost into the vault room. Supplies were ready but it just missed us. You could see it as it went past. Reminded me of storms past at mojams!
 I really cant wait to see all of you again. It feels like it's been forever. I'm going to try and get some bows done before it gets here and at least one finished whike n.v I'm there.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2019, 06:11:25 pm »
it won't be long now... It's definitely bow and arrow making time.  Badger just asked me if there's still interest in the Flight shoot...?  (SH)   I don't know if the question here is enough or if I should start another thread...? 
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2019, 07:24:05 pm »
It probably wouldn't hurt to start a separate thread about the flight shoot Bob.  (SH)

Offline Patches

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2019, 07:48:52 pm »
I plan on being there 5 weeks from today. Looking forward to seeing everybody again.

Neal
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2019, 05:51:55 pm »
Good golly its gonna be time to leave soon! I have so much to prep before I go.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Patches

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2019, 08:09:32 pm »
4 weeks from today.   :)

Neal
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2019, 03:47:22 pm »
I got the vacation approved today!  Is the 12th to soon to show up?

Offline sleek

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2019, 06:13:19 pm »
I sure hope it works out that I can go.... it's looking iffy. However, if things work out, I hope to bring my new kayak I'm working on. You guys got me hooked on paddling.

Dave, have you ever considered doing your race in a skin on frame kayak?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2019, 08:29:02 pm »
Likely be there Mon or Tue. Looking forward to spending time with the gang!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2019, 07:15:18 am »
Well guys, I've been completely covered up with work and a lot of things going on here around the house. But I am so ready for my time off to go to mojam I miss everybody and I haven't been able to make it to any other events this year because of one reason or another. But I plan on being there on Sunday hopefully! I got a couple projects to finish up but should be an awful good time this year, just right around the corner!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2019, 01:36:57 pm »
Kevin, I havent thought about it because I'm so hard on my boats. I'm bringing my kayak again if you want to go, I'll go.