Author Topic: One for Knothead.  (Read 12155 times)

Offline RG

Re: One for Knothead.
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2008, 12:30:14 am »
Tiller the county my farm is in has a lot of chirt that they used for several years to build roads  it is like dirt and fine rock and were they
dig it is were we fined the chunks like we took to Pappys I have an old chirt pit on my farm and have found some old points in some of the fields when we plow

Ron

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2008, 01:51:37 am »
Thanks in advance for you efforts Ron.  I can't wait.

Mike
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2008, 03:33:09 am »
Cool, Ron! Yeah! Thanks very much. Now I will have something to put on some shafts at the classic. Hope someone brings some to sell since I will not be bringing any tackle with me and making everything there. This should be fun!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2008, 09:46:06 am »

Just in case yall didn't know...Jesse's sign-on is "Leapingbare". No I didn't spell it wrong...I think there's a story behind the "bare" portion of his sign-on. Yall will have to get him to tell it during the Classic... ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2008, 01:26:57 pm »
That is a fine lookin blade Jesse, hope you are at the classic - maybe you could show me a thing or two :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2008, 01:31:51 pm »
He might cowboy but he has already told me he can't wait to meet you and get some pointers.
He is very impressed with your work as am I. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2008, 05:03:50 pm »
Ron your very welcome for the knife! The rock is nice stuff, i have heard it called buffalo river chert, a trick when your son go's out to gather it get him to take a hammer stone and tap the large Pisces to check if there solid that will cut down on wast and make the load more worth while.
   Cowboy i dought i can teach you anything you dont know, looking forward to getting bloody fingers with ya  ;)
Mililani Hawaii

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2008, 11:40:13 pm »
  Nice blade Jesse, I'm looking forward to gettin' cut with all ya'll. I need some pointers from you percussion boppers for sure.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2008, 12:26:14 am »
Hmm! Is this what they call blood ties?  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline RG

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2008, 08:13:21 pm »
leapingbare my son has gone down to the farm to get another load today hopefully will bring back a large load

Ron

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2008, 07:19:57 am »
Cool Ron,he needs to get it before he goes to work,we should be calling him next week,you
would think he was trying to get on with the FBI. :) See ya this evening,I have the knife
in a safe place. jesse are yall coming down this weekend,if you get out early enough come on
down ,we are having a club shoot about 8 am,O ya you may just be getting in about that time. ;) ;D
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good