Author Topic: Simon & Martin's BowSwap Build Along (-;  (Read 20422 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: Simon & Martin's BowSwap Build Along (-;
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2020, 07:08:31 am »
Those are some excellent numbers of speed on your bow,and it is considered a self bow.Congrats.
Some projects can go on like that time wise.Hasty problem solving decisions are'nt the way to go many times.Pretty fulfilling yet though to see it work out no matter what the time line is.
I'm currently working on a sinewed red cedar bow that I forget when I sinewed it showing some issues that I thought were too hard to overcome.I'm finding out the issues are'nt as project stopping as I thought they were.Others might come up as tillering progresses though......Ha Ha.It's been at least 5 or 6 years ago from what I can figure.
Is your arrow pass slightly raised?I use horn practically all the time like that.A 11/32" dot most times.It helps me reference it in low light in the tree stand also.Along with regular my usual grip position.I like the shaft of the arrow to ride on the very slightest 1/16" raised area.I don't want anything to be catching to affect my arrow flight be it the fletching or whatever.On softer white wood bows there's never any scratches on the wood.
Some think it makes too much noise having a hard arrow pass.I find that not to be true,at least on my bows.It's never spooked deer for me ever or as they say to jump the string.Course I won't shoot at a highly alerted overly nervous looking at me deer either.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline backtowood B2W

« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2020, 08:03:29 am »
I really cannot wait - looks very great. I recently also finished my first OO bow which took a while as well...
Amazing wood for sure!!
Thanks in advance - I will let you know how it shots...

Offline backtowood B2W

« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2020, 01:11:41 pm »
Sorry, for posting not earlier, but time and sunshine are hard to catch lately.
I received Simons bow some weeks ago and had plenty of time shooting and having fun with it (-S
She spits arrows and due the early draw weight she feels much heavier.
This is a highly stressed bow design and hopefully my version of a mollegabet will come out that great, too.
Thank you Simon for this looker I am very happy with it.
And, not to forget, thanks for throwing in some matching arrows!!
I selected the money shots, hope you like them.

Offline backtowood B2W

« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2020, 01:13:40 pm »

Offline backtowood B2W

« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2020, 01:14:30 pm »

Offline DC

« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2020, 01:43:40 pm »
That's a sweetheart! :D

Offline simk

« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2020, 02:36:13 pm »
Thanks for the nice pics  ;D Glad to see her in good shape - She's in good hands for sure now - have fun! hope to see her again one day!
edit: osage really is magic, but I too like yew 🤣
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 03:08:55 pm by simk »
--- the queen rules ----