Author Topic: Hunting joke  (Read 4073 times)

Offline Woodely

Hunting joke
« on: March 04, 2019, 09:05:25 am »
I wonder how many hunters had a drone spook a deer.
"Doing bad work is an exercise in futility, but honestly making mistakes is trying your best."

Offline Hawkdancer

Re: Hunting joke
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 09:31:31 am »
So far, haven't had the problem - but it may arise with the increase of drones.  Probably falls under harassment of wildlife and legal hunters.
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Woodely

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 10:04:40 am »
I think Montana, Colorado and Alaska have banned the use of drones for hunting.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 12:42:24 pm by Woodely »
"Doing bad work is an exercise in futility, but honestly making mistakes is trying your best."

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 10:08:33 am »
Good one!

Drones are a double edge sword. Look at all the super cool views they give us on nature type shows. 
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline JEB

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 10:28:48 am »
You shoot a drone and you can be charged with malicious destruction of personal property. I don't care for them either but don't catch a case over them.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 11:15:20 am »
Every time I see one I have a reptilian desire to blow it out of the sky.  Something about the way they move and sound.  Like hearing a mosquito buzzing in your ear when your drifting off and not swatting at it.

My neighbor flies one over my house...I need to build a potato cannon and claim ignorance. :)
1’—>1’

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 11:58:49 am »
Someone I know brought a pretty fancy one to get some videos of us digging sugarbeets and harvesting corn. They are quite amazing. I've always loved flying because of the different view of things. This one he was controlling from almost a half mile away. It flew with amazing precision. It did however almost crash when I talked on our two way radio. Maybe that's how you shoot em down without shooting them down.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline TrevorM

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2019, 12:16:45 pm »
I've heard that game wardens have started using them here. I'd imagine it'd less invasive than them walking around after you.
Trevor

Offline Woodely

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2019, 12:44:00 pm »
Every time I see one I have a reptilian desire to blow it out of the sky.  Something about the way they move and sound.  Like hearing a mosquito buzzing in your ear when your drifting off and not swatting at it.

My neighbor flies one over my house...I need to build a potato cannon and claim ignorance. :)

(lol) I hear ya if I was out in the bush with my bow I probably would not think twice about taking a practice shot at it.

Offline sleek

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2019, 04:00:50 pm »

oh HELL NO. No way id let that fly. Even if i had to buy the air rights over my house, then id have the ability to shoot that sob without legal worries. Or build a jammer.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2019, 06:53:59 pm »
Keying the mike on a CB would mess with the remote control planes.
Bet a strong transmitter would "scramble" the signal on a drone too.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2019, 08:15:30 pm »
I think Montana, Colorado and Alaska have banned the use of drones for hunting.

Banned here in South Dakota, too. As well they should be!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline sleek

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2019, 08:38:20 pm »
How would you use one anyway? They are noisy and no good looking down through trees.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2019, 08:55:06 am »
Here in California they have been shot down by law enforcement for impeding firefighting efforts. They are banned from all National Park sites and carry around a 2000$ fine.

Offline dylanholderman

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2019, 10:03:07 am »
You could use them to drive game