Author Topic: one knife ten friends  (Read 14286 times)

Offline BrianS

one knife ten friends
« on: March 05, 2019, 06:26:39 am »
Myself and ten friends have started what I am calling the Red Ranger Journey. It started with a brand new out of the box Victorinox Red Ranger knife. Each of my Friends on the list will have it sent to them and they will use it outdoors for any tasks they choose. Each person will get to keep it for a week or so before, they mail it to the next guy on the list. Only rules are it must be used outdoors and you must take a picture of the knife in action. At the end of the knife's ten plus week journey, I will pick a friends name out of a hat and they will get to keep the knife. Today it was used to cut a small sapling that was blocking where a trail cam was set up.
Have a great day,
brian

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
Re: one knife ten friends
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 06:40:12 am »
Cool idea Brain! I'll be watching this!

Russ
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 07:58:15 am »
That’s fun.  So person ten gets to open a bottle of wine and pluck their ear hairs in the woods?  :D
1’—>1’

Offline ohma2

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 08:41:00 am »
That will make for some long lasting memories for you and your friends. :OK

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 09:06:08 am »
I had "the tinker" I believe it was called. I carried it with me everywhere. Even to church and weddings for probably close to thirty years. It was worn down from a hard life on the farm. I went to a Tigers baseball game last year and they took it for security reasons. I could have walked back to my vehicle but it was a long way to it. I should have. I still miss it almost every day.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline BrianS

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 10:51:17 am »
My personal Swiss Army Knife was my late Fathers I carry it every day and every day it is used for something. On mine I have found the large blade, the wood saw and the screwdrivers get used the most. Every time I use it I think of my Dad

Offline gifford

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2019, 11:42:46 am »
Back in 1966, my folks gave me a Swiss Army knife, a fairly basic model. It's my daily carry. I've got my Dad's Swiss Army Knife, it's got a few more tools, after he passed away. I use mine and his all the time. They've been all over the US, Mexico, and the Sand Box.

Offline Woodely

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2019, 08:49:00 pm »
I bought one last year at a Garage sale for $5 its the Economy model (7 function.)  The saw is deadly sharp.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 08:52:54 pm by Woodely »
"Doing bad work is an exercise in futility, but honestly making mistakes is trying your best."

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2019, 05:26:08 am »
Great Idea, very cool. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BrianS

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2019, 08:36:24 am »
 (S)Not a very adventurous use this morning but the rules were adhered to and it was used outdoors (10 degree temps) to change the line on my fishing reel. Even took a few practice casts out into the snow to test. Did I mention it has been a long winter? Next stop for the knife is my Poverty Hill cabin this weekend and after i use it for something there it will be handed off to "Dino Rocks" to use.

Offline Woodely

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2019, 02:50:29 pm »
To funny about the rear drag reel.  I prefer the rear drag but sometimes the function gets a little sticky..
"Doing bad work is an exercise in futility, but honestly making mistakes is trying your best."

Offline BrianS

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2019, 03:32:21 pm »
Cold and clear morning on Poverty Hill. Used the Ranger knife to start a little fire after snowshoeing. Later handed off the knife to "Dino Rocks" to use at Bone Creek this week.

Offline BrianS

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2019, 12:04:24 pm »
Handed the knife off to my friend "Dino Rocks". Dino used it to graft some fruit trees in his orchard.

Offline BrianS

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2019, 06:01:01 pm »
"Dino Rocks" reports he used the knife quite a bit today at Bone Creek while tapping trees to make his maple syrup.

Offline BrianS

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2019, 06:02:41 pm »
Wine at Dino's