Author Topic: one knife ten friends  (Read 14294 times)

Offline BrianS

Re: one knife ten friends
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2019, 08:39:18 pm »
The Victorinox Ranger knife arrived at Eric's. He used it for several chores including making char cloth with his Son. More to come.

Offline BrianS

« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2019, 07:56:48 am »
Eric used the Victorinox's can opener to fashion a cooking pot

Offline BrianS

« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2019, 04:37:21 am »
A few more pictures sent in by Eric. The Ranger will be sent off to Sue (the last user on the list) and then a Winner's name will be drawn. I had contacted Victorinox about the Red Ranger's Journey and received a reply back from the Company's CEO which will also be sent with the knife to the final Winner.
Have a Great Weekend,
brian

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2019, 06:12:36 am »
Got busy there for awhile and just catching up on the rangers journey. I can certainly relate to the tweezers. I really miss mine and I think I miss the tweezers about as much as any tool in its arsenal.
Nice thread Brian.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline BrianS

« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2019, 05:46:52 pm »
One more from Eric. He used it to fashion a lantern toggle. What i found interesting is the Shelter he made. I have never seen it. I may have to stop by his farm one of these days to check it out.

Offline BrianS

« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2019, 04:50:17 am »
I received a very nice letter from the CEO of Victorinox Carl Elsener regarding the Ranger's journey. The letter will go with the knife when a winner is picked soon.

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2019, 02:38:32 am »
Thanks for including me Brian, this project was a lot of fun!

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline BrianS

« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2019, 03:08:46 pm »
The Victorinox arrived at the final user Sue. Sue proceeded to take it with her to a pre 1840s Primitive Rendezvous and use It covertly as to not violate the pre 1840 rule. When she returns, she promised some pictures of the knife there. Once the pictures arrive on Monday, I will pick the winners name
Take care
brian

Offline BrianS

« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2019, 06:02:48 pm »
Finally a Winner's name is picked for the Ranger Knife!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsJA35pwjvE
Congratulations!

Offline BrianS

« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2019, 07:03:02 am »
I goofed up and forgot to post part 4 before I posted the winner is.... Here is the link to part 4 of the knifes journey.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EogbRoYYQY
It has been fun. Hope I did not over post on this topic. That will more than likely be it for now.
Take care,
brian

Offline Woodely

« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2019, 07:52:24 am »
I have opened a few cans during my camping trips with a knife a lock blade mind you.  :)
"Doing bad work is an exercise in futility, but honestly making mistakes is trying your best."

Offline BrianS

« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2019, 02:12:30 am »
The Victorinox was borrowed by Mark from Sue (the final Winner of the knife)
Mark had the opportunity this past week to take Red Ranger with him to a trek on a section of the Appalachian Trail.

Mark and two high school buddies started their trek in Pinkham Notch, NH and finished up in Rangeley, ME.  One of the guys has been section hiking the AT for the past seven years
and is planning on hitting the summit of Mt. Katahdin, ME later in July this year.

Traveled through what is considered the most treacherous part of the AT, the Wildcat
Region (an extension of the Presidential Range of the White Mountains) up to Grafton
Notch, ME.  Red made it all the way to the halfway point between the Equator and the
North Pole.

The Victorinox Red Ranger assisted in everything from acting as a weight on the end of a rope to hang a bear
bag to cutting pieces of moleskin to help with a blister that He developed.