Author Topic: Harpers Ferry WV  (Read 2035 times)

Offline YosemiteBen

Harpers Ferry WV
« on: March 07, 2019, 08:57:34 am »
Any of you folks near there? I am currently scheduled for training there in July.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Harpers Ferry WV
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 09:15:57 am »
That ought to be nice and hot for you Ben...and humid.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline archeryrob

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 01:20:19 pm »
I live above Sharpsburg, MD but don't do a lot of bow making anymore. Fishing hunting and maybe raising and breeding chickens now, due to my daughter. What is it you are looking for?
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing, or you're just doing it wrong."

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 05:50:45 pm »
@ArcheryRob - not looking for anything - just wondering if anyone was close enough for a visit after my classes are done....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 05:56:29 am »
Wished it was closer Ben, love to meet you in person. Have fun, hear it is beautiful country.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2019, 08:12:26 am »
one of these days Pappy!

Offline archeryrob

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2019, 02:35:26 am »
I'm about 20 minutes NW of there. The Potomac is a great place to fish if you get a MD license. If it stops raining this year, sigh, that is a great place to wade down there, or kayak.

I don't know any other primitive people in the area. I used to be a member of a group and the one guy that new how to make bows years ago. They started ranting liberal stuff one day, disparaging GW Bush and all, assuming everyone agreed and then finished the sentence with right? I said no, I disagree. Holy crap, one girl and guy when Ape crazy and started yelling and I never went back. They couldn't tollerate opposing views I guess. Most of them seemed to be young yuppies looking for a new religion and couldn't make bows or arrows worth a crap.

This guy, Guy Neal, runs a little camp in Frederick. It seems to be a pay camp though. He is into Knapping, trapping and such. He's a good guy, I just don;t get into that circle anymore. https://primitive-skills.com/
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing, or you're just doing it wrong."

Offline archeryrob

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2019, 02:40:45 am »
If you like hiking and the knees are good, Harpers Ferry on the maryland side has tis awesome overlook of the town. The C&O canalon the MD side is good for flat nature walks.
https://www.nps.gov/experiences/hike-harpers-ferry.htm  But that trail is pretty steep if your not in shape.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2019, 07:07:08 pm »
Parked there a few years ago to hike Shenandoah, Ben.  Cool place.  I hadn't realized that was the starting point for Lewis & Clark.
1’—>1’