Author Topic: New hobby dreaming  (Read 1253 times)

Offline YosemiteBen

New hobby dreaming
« on: March 10, 2019, 02:25:49 pm »
Hey there Y'all!

I recently got a small ice chest full of a variety of knives. If I can figure out the whole pic thing from my phone I will try to get some up. Many of them are in need of some type of repair. Any thoughts? there are folders and fixed blades.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: New hobby dreaming
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 05:21:53 am »
Nice, I love knives, if it were me I would just take them 1 at a time and whip them back into shape. Nice long term project. ;) :) :) Love to see some pictures.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BrianS

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 06:45:17 am »
Ben,
I have several knives in a collection. My favorites are older ones with lots of wear. Who knows what you have or what some of the knives were used for over the years. Clean them up, repair what you can and sharpen. Leave the patina from years of use. Maybe do a little internet research about the brands and models (there is a ton of info out there about the history of knives). I am sure there are some stories in what you have. I would love to see some pictures.
take care,
brian

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 10:52:13 am »
Ditto with Pappy!  I still have a knife I bought when I was about 12, or so.  Good Soligen steel blade etched with an elk or stag.  I converted the sheath to left handed, and beaded the elk onto a piece of brain tan ?  Good luck with the project!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry